9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running 3000k HID fogs, and I believe 5300k Lows. I did a 3000k low/fog combo, but I wasnt a fan of the low beams; they werent yellow enough

If I went with like a 55w yellow halogen for the low beams, and either kept the fogs as is, or replaced with a similar 55w halogen, what would my best options be?

I heard hella makes some nice long lasting lights. I guess my ultimate question is this:

What lights should I buy, and in what wattages for the most yellow light combo

Also, anyone know any shops in ontario that tint lights?

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Whatever you do, get the same brand and kelvin bulbs for both the lows and fogs. I have 2500k Nokyas for my highs and they're awesome. PIAA makes 2500k bulbs as well, those would do fine as well.

B

·
0 Posts
Try a 55watt ballast on your 3k bulb that should do the trick to brighten the chit of it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i'm running 2500k nokya's for my highbeams/DRLs and I like them, I might go and get a pair for my lows too

B

·
0 Posts
yeah, i'm running 2500k nokya's for my highbeams/DRLs and I like them, I might go and get a pair for my lows too
3k bulb is already yellow. If you have a yellow film on your fog u might want to peel it off. With 55watt on the street your going to get pulled over alot by the cops just giving you heads up. I'd go with 35watt 3k.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3k bulb is already yellow. If you have a yellow film on your fog u might want to peel it off. With 55watt on the street your going to get pulled over alot by the cops just giving you heads up. I'd go with 35watt 3k.
I've got a 3k yellow with yellow film on the fogs, in a 35w kit, it's nice and bright, no issues with police. Without the film, I find the fogs are too pale in color, but with it, it's nice and school bus yellow

B

·
0 Posts
I'm not a fan of yellow fog, I don't follow that yellow fog trend. I'm planning to get 6k 55 watt low beam with 35watt 5k fog.

B

·
0 Posts
Yea to on coming traffic is nice but sitting behind the wheels of yellow fog in a pitch black rainy road I cant see 2 feet ahead of me...

B

·
0 Posts
Don't get me wrong people do it cause its "Jdm" but wasn't it only yellow fog for the eg civic? I don't see the mugen rr has yellow fog... Zzzz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts