·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
look into any directed (DEI) products.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Viper...FTW

You can't beat $90 installed (basic install) if you can find that one. I had to drive 50 miles to pick it up. It can be expanded to the Smart Start module later if I want to.

To do the remote start you are talking about $430-530 plus $160 for the module needed to allow the alarm to start the car the immobilizer we have.

I really want this one, but not going to pay like $920 for it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just got a 2 way pager with a LCD screen for my old civic. Pretty easy to install. Just get a wiring diagram for our car. And just slice or tap in the wires. Most of the wiring that needs to be tap should be in the steering column.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Op, which Viper model are you installing. I really want the Viper 5902 but still deciding if I want it from an authorized seller or not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the 5901 and its pretty cool....especially nice since my lil bro works at future shop :) sickkkk discount

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
so how much did you get the 5901 for? and installed?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
that is a good price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
These Best Buy prices are for basic installations to older vehicles, not requiring "special" attention. For my Dad's 2012 Civic I wanted to get this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CompuSt...0050036&childSku=6560459&count=2#BVRRWidgetID

...a Compustar FT-6200S-CONT, RF-1BAM remote and installation for $169.99. SOLD! Or so I thought.

Total price after including all the necessities (immobilizer, installation of immobilizer, turning off alarm during installation, under hood switch, dealign with chip in my key) came to $360!

So...I'm in the Boston area. Can anyone recommend a BASIC remote starter for cheap money and perhaps a good place to install it?

As you can see, I need a single button remote to keep it simple for my Dad.

Thanks for your help.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
These Best Buy prices are for basic installations to older vehicles, not requiring "special" attention. For my Dad's 2012 Civic I wanted to get this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CompuSt...0050036&childSku=6560459&count=2#BVRRWidgetID

...a Compustar FT-6200S-CONT, RF-1BAM remote and installation for $169.99. SOLD! Or so I thought.

Total price after including all the necessities (immobilizer, installation of immobilizer, turning off alarm during installation, under hood switch, dealign with chip in my key) came to $360!

So...I'm in the Boston area. Can anyone recommend a BASIC remote starter for cheap money and perhaps a good place to install it?

As you can see, I need a single button remote to keep it simple for my Dad.

Thanks for your help.
Do you have an si? Or nonsi?? I just found out the alarm i originalla got for my lx and planned to put on my si doesnt have manual mode...ill sell it to you..you can install yourself or a shop will do it for 150...i got the remote start/ alarm python 533 for 100$ and the flcan for 50(its already programmed for the 12 civic) ..im from boston too ..let me know...if not ill just toss it in my lx...sell ya both for 130.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a LX as well. Thanks for the offer but it's overkill for my needs.

Made an appointment at a local shop to get it done.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I don't think it would void the warranty. But keep in mind that it is illegal to install a remote car starter in a manual transmission in some states, like California.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have heard it is illegal to do so too, I'm not sure i would trust it anyway. I've never had it installed on any car but its really not s big deal, I garage my cars,and don't really see the use of it leaving work, but that is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
It's illegal to remote start a manual transmission? That is strange cause I was interested in viper in my car... I always forget to go out and start it on a cold morning cause my truck is remote start

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a Viper installed on my car, I didn't trust myself to do the wiring but it works great, just can't have your car in gear lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

1 - 20 of 20 Posts