9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello ppl,About me:So i owned a 2009 lancer ralliart and wanted to drive a stick, so i moved on to an 8th gen civic and gave my brother the ralliart.-2009 Lancer Ralliart -
took the vinyl off( too ricy lol)-My 2010 civic has I/H/E here is a video -
-civic tunnel run
After a year i decide to get something faster, so i got an evo x here is a race between my brother's ralliart and my evo
-mods intake exhaust and tuneEvoPros- Fast, AWD, Handling, appearance, that is about itCons- Gas,Insurance,weight of the car,Slow off the line unless you burn the clutch, maintenance, and moreSo i decided to go to a 9th gen civic si b/c i missed my 8th gen civic si, it was fun and fast.So far, i love the 9th gen civic so much more torque. V-tec>turbo, i love how fun it is going up to speed with v-tec better than a turbo. Thus keeping my car all motor :). Also this car is so much lighter than my evo which makes it fun to drive. I don't go to the track a lot just do a lot of street racing so i love how light my civic is :)Can't wait for Flashpro to come out, til then i will remain stock hahaMaybe i will slip in a mod or two lol

Attachments

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
congrats on the si!
welcome to the forum!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site...nice rides

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Hello ppl,

About me:
So i owned a 2009 lancer ralliart and wanted to drive a stick, so i moved on to an 8th gen civic and gave my brother the ralliart.
-2009 Lancer Ralliart -
took the vinyl off( too ricy lol)
-My 2010 civic has I/H/E here is a video -
-civic tunnel run
After a year i decide to get something faster, so i got an evo x
here is a race between my brother's ralliart and my evo
-mods intake exhaust and tune
Evo
Pros- Fast, AWD, Handling, appearance, that is about it
Cons- Gas,Insurance,weight of the car,Slow off the line unless you burn the clutch, maintenance, and more

So i decided to go to a 9th gen civic si b/c i missed my 8th gen civic si, it was fun and fast.
So far, i love the 9th gen civic so much more torque. V-tec>turbo, i love how fun it is going up to speed with v-tec better than a turbo. Thus keeping my car all motor :). Also this car is so much lighter than my evo which makes it fun to drive. I don't go to the track a lot just do a lot of street racing so i love how light my civic is :)

Can't wait for Flashpro to come out, til then i will remain stock haha

OMG the red 8th gen looks AWESOME!!!!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice! Welcome back...the si isn't the fastest car but for the daily commute and just having fun on the street, its hard to beat. To me its like when I was a kid driving a go kart around. The si is a go cart for adults....by age that is...

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually like the interior a lot more than the 8th gen, the only complain is sliding arm rest, cup holder cover, small handle bar on the door (can't put phone in there anymore), and lastly no extra pocket for the center console. I usually put my glasses there. That is the only negative. For rev to 7k, i don't really care, more torque haha and bigger engine. :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I'm still in my starting stages.. (20 yrs old) so not bad with an Si :)

Glad i've got a good job :p

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my evo gets about 180 mpg for a full tank if i am lucky. I like to hammer my car so i get like 150-160ish per tank. lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello ppl,About me:So i owned a 2009 lancer ralliart and wanted to drive a stick, so i moved on to an 8th gen civic and gave my brother the ralliart.-2009 Lancer Ralliart -
took the vinyl off( too ricy lol)-My 2010 civic has I/H/E here is a video -
-civic tunnel run
After a year i decide to get something faster, so i got an evo x here is a race between my brother's ralliart and my evo
-mods intake exhaust and tuneEvoPros- Fast, AWD, Handling, appearance, that is about itCons- Gas,Insurance,weight of the car,Slow off the line unless you burn the clutch, maintenance, and moreSo i decided to go to a 9th gen civic si b/c i missed my 8th gen civic si, it was fun and fast.So far, i love the 9th gen civic so much more torque. V-tec>turbo, i love how fun it is going up to speed with v-tec better than a turbo. Thus keeping my car all motor :). Also this car is so much lighter than my evo which makes it fun to drive. I don't go to the track a lot just do a lot of street racing so i love how light my civic is :)Can't wait for Flashpro to come out, til then i will remain stock hahaMaybe i will slip in a mod or two lol
Haha congrats man so glad you got an Si :)

Crazy thing is I met you after you bought your evo.. then I got a Si... I think I converted you back to honda :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know you askin him about his evo.. but i used to own a '09 WRX i only got 21MPG with it.. i had to get rid of it (EVEN THOUGH I LOVED IT TO DEATH!!!!) because i drive 110 miles a day to work round trip..

2012 Civic SI (31mpg avg over 6200 miles) and 2011 CR-Z (39mpg avg over 28000 miles) are the current vehicles my wife and I own

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I know you askin him about his evo.. but i used to own a '09 WRX i only got 21MPG with it.. i had to get rid of it (EVEN THOUGH I LOVED IT TO DEATH!!!!) because i drive 110 miles a day to work round trip..

2012 Civic SI (31mpg avg over 6200 miles) and 2011 CR-Z (39mpg avg over 28000 miles) are the current vehicles my wife and I own
Fuel econmy doesn't bug me. Rather have more power and far worse fuel economy.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts