9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just picked up my '12 LX Sedan last night, and noticed that the volume on the front left speaker seems to be weaker than the front right? I messed around with the equalized, and have everything set in the middle, when I adjust it to the left, I can hear music coming through the front left. Just seems that when it's set to middle on fader and balance, I can hear more of the front right speaker...is this normal? I'd think if it was a bad connection, there'd be no sound at all...could it be a bad speaker?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It is possible its a bad speaker, but the possibility is pretty low. I know it sounds obvious but have you tried isolating the speaker completely and playing a treb song then a bass song? If anything, you can always take it back to the dealership to have them check it out and save you the second guessing.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I have noticed that before and have always convinced myself it was due to the location of the speaker itself.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 2012 LX sedan too and I have not experienced an imbalance between my front left & right speakers.

I think if you take it to professional audio installers, they have tools that measure dB and frequency output levels of each speakers to see if there are any inconsistencies in the sound between the two. I would think they'd do this free of charge, otherwise try your authorized Honda dealership.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I've adjusted the balance to 2 clicks to the left, and seems more 'balanced' now...I think 9GenSi may be right, the speaker location is very low and might be muffled a bit by the steering wheel and my legs. good enough for now, didn't really expect much stereo output from this car anyway, good enough as my 2nd car.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I am working on my third decade of having my Honda balance adjusted a couple clicks left to balance the sound level. You get used to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts