9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have seen on Hondapartsunlimited that they sell a fog light cover for the lx. I'm not sure if this means you can just buy that and the fog light kit to make it work. I would confirm with dealer first

·
Registered
107 Posts
i also want fogs on my lx, but im not comfortable with cutting my own bumper so im waiting for a few people to do diy's and say whether it is east or not

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Hello fellow LX owners :) you can get the fog light kit for your civic at Collegehillshonda.com (which is a vendor in our forums) the kit itself is 264$ and you also have to get the fog covers which is another 62$. i have an LX and also plan to begin this project soon i hope once i have enough money. i believe the total cost of this project will be roughly 350$ give or take a few bucks due to extra tools such as a hacksaw and a drill if you do not already own one. i plan to begin this project on my LX in like 3-4 weeks if im able to save up enough money to order the parts. ill definitely post a DIY if i do this to help you guys out :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maybe even a diy of at least preparing the bumper and installing the fog light cover would help alot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
couldnt the dealer do all the work 4 u? imma b getting a lx soon and want the fog lights yet im not 2 comfortable doin the cuting my self....sux that honda jus cant thro on the ex bumber if u orderd the fog lights so that u can jus pop em rite in.

·
1,937 Posts
couldnt the dealer do all the work 4 u? imma b getting a lx soon and want the fog lights yet im not 2 comfortable doin the cuting my self....sux that honda jus cant thro on the ex bumber if u orderd the fog lights so that u can jus pop em rite in.
Honda could do it for u if youre willing to pay another 100-150 for the install or maybe 200. I heard the complete install with parts and all could be around 500 but self install could save you roughly 175 if your willing. Cutting it just takes focus and patience really. If youre not confident thats fine as i understand some things are best left to pros. Im planning to do my LX soon if i can get the money :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think Honda would be giving away free EX bumpers it's like giving free money to us. lol
lol im saying give me a xtra free ex bumper, im saying if u orderd the fog lights they should install the ex bumper instead of the lx and send the lx bumper 2 the factory, kinda like a recycle process..idk if u understand. but i kno this is wishful thinking lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Honda could do it for u if youre willing to pay another 100-150 for the install or maybe 200. I heard the complete install with parts and all could be around 500 but self install could save you roughly 175 if your willing. Cutting it just takes focus and patience really. If youre not confident thats fine as i understand some things are best left to pros. Im planning to do my LX soon if i can get the money :)
oh i got the skills do it my self, its jus if i fuk up and over cut i wont b the 1 that has 2 either fix or spend the money 2 replace the bumper. id rather have the deal do it so if they fuk up i wont b reliable 4 the fix/replacement cost..

·
1,937 Posts
oh i got the skills do it my self, its jus if i fuk up and over cut i wont b the 1 that has 2 either fix or spend the money 2 replace the bumper. id rather have the deal do it so if they fuk up i wont b reliable 4 the fix/replacement cost..
it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking at the Honda website, it looks like only the sedan LX requires you to cut the front bumper. The coupe looks the same through out all the models, where the foglights would go anyways. So my guess is that LX coupes don't require bumper cutting, just the sedans.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check it out. After weeks of doing research on how to do this myself, I finally did it. Yea saved my self over $300. After visiting many hardware store to find the two hole saws (16mm & 24mm)That are on the PDF on how to cut the bumper. First of all most hardware stores don't sell these sizes. After using my math I determined that I could also use 5/8 & 15/16 to cut the holes. Again these are hard to find. And if you do find them they are expensive. I looked them up on eBay and food them for $5 each. I didn't want to wait......

So this is what I did.

After replacing my stock grille to the Si grille. I noticed how the cut lines are clearly marked. I got a die grinder and a cutting attachment to cut the bumper.( a dremel can be used but I had access to an air powered die grinder) I took of the bumper and marked white line with a sharpie. I made sure I marked the inner line only to make sure I didn't cut outside the outer line. I first cut through in a corner. Then I hallowed the white line. Made Sure I kepted my had steady. The the piece piped out. Then I cleaned the cut with a file. Check for fit. All was ok so I screwed the pieces on.

By the way. This was my first time cutting a bumper. I did it an hour so it was not that hard.

·
Registered
160 Posts
you are one determined 9thgen rider tomcat...Bravo:dancingcoolsmiley:
Yea and it only cost me about $85 and worth it. I haven't seen anyone do this yet so I thought I give it a try. Hopefully to help out other lx owners. Now I can just order the fog light kit without worries.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts