9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm about to upgrade and i was wondering what the weight difference is. i think i read somewhere that the lx rims might actually be heavier?

also, does anyone know about these tires?
Customer Tire Reviews - Discount Tire

i'll probably be getting those.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k. cool. thx. all! i think i found out lx rims + tires is 35lbs and si rims + tires is 25lbs. does any1 have opinions on the tires? gonna pick up rims tomorrow! tires saturday! :D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Daytons >> lx rims ha lol!
So wait what rims are yu getting?

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
k. cool. thx. all! i think i found out lx rims + tires is 35lbs and si rims + tires is 25lbs. does any1 have opinions on the tires? gonna pick up rims tomorrow! tires saturday! :D
Think you want to add about 20 lbs there. A member on here weighted the Si wheels with tire and got 46-47 lbs. I'll weight the combo too when mine are off my car come Saturday.

I'm putting BFG g-Force Comp-2 summers on my HFPs and the stock Si wheels prolly get Conti ExtremeContact DWS on 'em for the cooler time of year.

Did you have anything in mind for your setup?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Daytons >> lx rims ha lol!
So wait what rims are yu getting?

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17
i'm getting the si rims.

@ foobird. oh yeah. i meant without rims. i don't know why i said with rims.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Check out the Michelen summer tires that you can get on the Si. I can't remember the part number but these are the best set of tires I've ever had. Grip like glue, cut through water like butter and stop on a dime.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if the current tires i'm getting doesn't work out for me, i'll def check those michelin's out. i got them to drop the price from 89/tire to 68/tire. in the end it saves me like $100. michelin's are somewhat out of my price range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts