9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Maintenance Info Disappeared

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  scottyrocks 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Honda Civic (LX I believe) and recently, the Maintenance Info option under my menu screen has disappeared. Shortly before this, it displayed the "Service Due Soon" message and informed me that I need an oil change, transmission fluid change, and tire rotation. A day or two after this message was first displayed, I noticed it did not come up when I started the car. To refresh my memory, I opened the menu by pressing the Menu button on my steering wheel, scrolled down below Odometer and the other option ("Trip" something, if I'm not mistaken) to where the "Maintenance Info" option is normally located. However, it is not there.

It is not there under any circumstances (parked, driving, key turned to "on," car completely cranked, etc.) Has anyone encountered this issue and can anyone advise me on how to correct it? I would like to be able to give my mechanic the Service code when I call to schedule my maintenance and I would like to be able to continue tracking my maintenance information in the future.

Thank you in advance for any information provided.

-Jonathan

See less See more
#2 ·
Local auto supply stores should be able to read stored codes for you for free. I'd do this with my own reader before going on to the next step. Also, if this were my car. I'd pull the battery cables (positive and negative) from the battery for 15 minutes or so, touch them together while off the battery, and then re-attach them. If this fails to restore the missing functions, then I'd be off to the dealership.

#4 ·
But standard practice should be to check for any stored codes, related or not.

#5 ·
Welcome to 9th gen, Jonathan.

Does your car have a sunroof? If not, it's an LX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.