9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

So I'm thinking about taking advantage of the whole 2012 civic clearance sale thing and picking up a 2012 Honda Civic EX...

The only thing that I don't like about the front of the 2012 Honda Civic is that silver wing part on the grill....

http://1-photos4.ebizautos.com/new-2012-honda-civic_sdn-4drautolx-5546-9625849-1-400.jpg

For those of u that can see in the link theres a huge silver wing part connected to the "H" logo.

I would like to get that in black or matte black preferably.

How would I do this? And how much would it cost? Would it be like a sticker or something???

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
plastidip my friend, plastidip
+1 on the plastidip. Way less $$ and it's not fake CF. I do like the Si honeycomb grill way better than the LX/EX slats vhich make me vanna puke!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is plastidip????

What I want basically, is the Si looking grill.... the mesh type grill with black wing....

And I don't know how to do this by myself... I'm probably gonna have to take it to the shop and have them install it.

The carbon fiber one is cool but without the detailing....

I'm not trying to rice out my first car lol

I'm tryna keep it simple clean and affordable

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
plastidip is a spray on rubber coating. the god thing about it is that if you mess it up, you can easily peel it off. normally when you plastidip stuff you do 3-4 coats. if you choose to do this, i recommend you to pull the grille off and spray it.

if you want the si grille, you'll have to buy the si grille. ti's about $200 on collegehillshonda (not including shipping). it's very easy to swap it out, you can do it yourself.

2012 Honda Civic Sedan Exterior Accessories - Genuine Honda Civic Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices

you are looking for the front grille upgrade.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a noob with cars, this is my first car so I'm not trying to screw it up..

How much would a private auto shop charge me if I tell them to swap the front grille upgrade on for mee?

·
Registered
329 Posts

How much would a private auto shop charge me if I tell them to swap the front grille upgrade on for mee?
If your gonna spend 200 bucks u might as well get the real carbon fiber kplayground grille.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

i'm not sure how much a shop would charge. my civic is currently my first car as well. a friend of mine showed me how you take the bumper off and it's ridiculously easy. you just have to pull out some pins. it's pretty much as simple as that statement. lol. if you watch a shop do it and see how easy it is, you might hate yourself for having to pay someone to do something that easy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm trying to get the 2012 Honda Civic LX in Black.

Would carbon fiber look better??

or matte black??

And how much is each one???

If I were to pay to get it installed how much would I be paying?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts