9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a retrofit on my civic back in October, it was running great, loved it. Now they are freaking out and the hids will just occasionally go off while I'm driving, which is kind of bad :/
I know it's not th ballasts because they will go off at the exact same time, any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken a voltmeter to it though, and it all registers just fine, and te connections all seem secure

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Morimoto I believe got them from thereteofitsource

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my morimoto retro fit in my wrx did the same thing....the connectors needed some adjustments by bending the terminals a little for better contact...idk though you said yours are fine...

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I sat there and wiggled every single wire in the harness, foud the issue, one of the power cables was soldered horribly, did a temporary fix and now trs it sending me a new harness

·
Registered
334 Posts
So I did a retrofit on my civic back in October, it was running great, loved it. Now they are freaking out and the hids will just occasionally go off while I'm driving, which is kind of bad :/
I know it's not th ballasts because they will go off at the exact same time, any ideas?

Did you install relay harness with it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the harness had a faulty solder point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts