9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, and if not, mods please move it.

I recently washed my wife's car and there has always been a scratch or two along the bottom of the trunk. However, after washing this time I have noticed a boat load of scratches that run horizontal along her bumper that are very faint. They are not deep enough to grab a finger nail but they are visible. At first I thought it was my wash mitt but I looked over the rest of the car and didn't see the same scratches. I am wondering if it's just dust that could of caused this or would these actually show up from a wash mitt?

I have attached pics that might be hard to see, but the scratches are there as perfectly straight lines. The car has 210k km on it if that matters at all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm guessing, as she used to go to that kind of car wash.

I guess I am just wondering if a microfiber wash mitt would make those kinds of scratches.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That's what I'm guessing, as she used to go to that kind of car wash.

I guess I am just wondering if a microfiber wash mitt would make those kinds of scratches.
Not if used properly. Car wash with spinney brushes absolutely. Take a good bit of polish and elbow grease to get those out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The weird thing though is how they are only on the rear bumper... Nowhere else on the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that sounds about right. The car is 8 years old now and high mileage, so I likely won't worry about it too much since they are very hard to see anyway. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't from my wash mitt going forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts