9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys have cranked the volume to on the stock speaker system without any damage/distortion.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
max volume is level is 40.... mine startes getting distorted about 34

·
Registered
66 Posts
i haven't broken 30 yet, i mostly use my ipod 120gb. I drive with all the windows down too, haha

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I can't hear ya my tunes are too loud.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get distortion at volume 1. Lol. Shitty stock speakers...

No but seriously, I don't go past 25. Just too much distortion for me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
you all are crazy!!! i have always had loud crazy stereo's in my cars and plan on upgrading my new civic when i can but the stock stereo is pretty damn decent. My buddy owns a stereo shop here in the Pacific Northwest aka WA State. he told on based on the way the stereo is designed on the new civic the power so speaker ratio has a cap on it so you cant blow the speakers.

and if you notice the volume cuts off at like 34-35, and between 35-40 are just numbers not actual volume getting louder.

Also i listen to a lot of music at between 30-35(Max 40 same thing) and it sounds crisp as a bell. it just matters the song, the bass in the song, your sound settings you have on your deck, etc.

most songs sound perfect at max only a few songs with real deep bass sound kinda blah when going passed 30.

So rock out with your music and dont be afraid you should not be able to blow the speakers!

****Note i listen to my Zune HD on the Aux with 320kbps tracks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not interested in doing that^

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts