9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

To all you wheel pros. I found some wheels. And wonder if they fit?? Also what does the offset change??

They are MB Weapon, 18", 5-114.3, 5-4.5 Bolt Pattern and +38 offset

Thanks in advanced

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
those wheels should work depending on the width i am running a 17x8 with a +35 offset and i dont rub at all!!

the offset changes how the wheel sits in your fenders...(kinda difficult to put to words hhaha)

basicly the higher the offset the further in the wheel sits closer to your suspension... the lower the offset the closer to the fender the wheel will sit... hope this helps!! :)

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
oh and your bolt pattern is spot on!! 5x114.3 and check for center bore 90% of rims are ok but i think the center bore for our civics is 64.1 so anything bigger than that is ok i think most wheels are 73 or something!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I went to a Honda Meet yesterday and I have the Mod Bug even worse now. My car looked plain, simple and boring. It was sad. Lol

Especially when a 12' Black Si Coupe rolled in with The HFP Kit and Wheels. Just WOW! What a huge difference from my car.

Sent from my LG-P999

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
yea i hear ya loud and clear the mod bug will get ya lol!! wheels will make a big difference on your ride for sure! i got the hfp kit and enkei wheels im just waiting for my prokit order to come in stock ride height is killin me lol

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i hear ya loud and clear the mod bug will get ya lol!! wheels will make a big difference on your ride for sure! i got the hfp kit and enkei wheels im just waiting for my prokit order to come in stock ride height is killin me lol
Lucky you! I need to hit the powerball and get a custom body kit made to stand out! The MB Wheels I find are Bronze and my car us PMM so I'm still debating.

I can't decide if I want a ALL black wheel?? ( I don't like it when it's black in front but the inside of the wheel is silver. Ewww. Lol)

An ALL black wheel with polished lip??

Or Black Chrome??

White also has me curious.

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
thats a hard one man! i personally love the look of a black chromeium wheels when they are nice and clean!! but bronze wheels are sick too! best way to find out what will look good is to jump over to 8th and check out what guys with pmm are rippin over there!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a hard one man! i personally love the look of a black chromeium wheels when they are nice and clean!! but bronze wheels are sick too! best way to find out what will look good is to jump over to 8th and check out what guys with pmm are rippin over there!
Good idea. . . I'll go snoop around and do some reconnaissance!

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What width are the wheels? I see MB Weapon in like 18x9 with 38mm offset, way too wide for the Si if you ask me.

The 18x8 seems to be 30mm offset which is a bit much too, you're way more likely to rub when you drop the car.

I'd do gunmetal but bronze could work too. Here's your reference of sizes available...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...uct/productSize.do?tmn=Weapon&typ=Car/Minivan
Yeah 18x9 with that +37 offset

On Tire Rack and most sites it recommends +45 offset and I want to go 18x8.5.

I plan on lowering my car 1.5-1.7 with H.R. Springs, Swift Springs or possibly Road Magnets.

·
Registered
980 Posts
On Tire Rack and most sites it recommends +45 offset and I want to go 18x8.5.
If you want to go wide, you probably need to run 225/40/18s (throws the speedo off due to taller/larger diameter). One way to get some idea of what fits is to scout the 8th gen forums to get some idea, I find it useful when there's not enough info on our cars as yet. Keeping the stock offset is safer with wider rubber/drop since a lower offset like +38 will push the wheel/tires out further, thus making them closer to the fender.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I don't care what the offset is.

I just want to drop it with some lowering springs and want 18x8.5

No wheel tuck as I want to go go go! Show comes 2nd

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
one thing you have to remember is the wider the wheel the lower the offset needs to be if you go 8.5" wide with stock offset it will rub your suspension when going wider you need a balance of offset and width....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info Much appreciated! I'm going to Discount Tire after work in 15mins to see what they can offer me. I'm looking for a deal!

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
so what did you find out?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so what did you find out?
First off, I thought our Si wheels were 17x7.5? But I was told they were 17x7.

I looked at a few wheels. I really like the XXR 522 in Black Chrome. But I think the wheels will poke out due to being 9" wide and +35 offset.

I think I'm going to go with the Konig Lightning 18x8 +45 offset. Tires would be 225 40 18. What do you guys think?

I'm all about quality and I don't want cheap or all season tires but I also don't need the number 1 tire out there to run me $250 a piece like the Michelin Super Sport Lol. I'll put stocks on for winter. So I want a sticky tires that can still handle rain. After some research I was think Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT or Sumitomo HTR Z 3?? Any suggestions??

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
i would go with at least 235s on 8" wide wheels but those konigs look good i like a little less spokes but i like those

1 - 20 of 29 Posts