9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey quick question for you guys with the Merc kits.. do the kits include the adjustable belt tensioner?

On their FAQ it states its an "optional" upgrade, so I'm assuming it doesn't.. so how would you route your belt without one?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey quick question for you guys with the Merc kits.. do the kits include the adjustable belt tensioner?

On their FAQ it states its an "optional" upgrade, so I'm assuming it doesn't.. so how would you route your belt without one?

Thanks for any insight.
I know if you put the biggest pulley for lower boost you can run it without it.

I asked him, and he said he’d usually drop the price of the tensioner if you’re buying the kit as well.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Late night last night, but finally put the GodSpeed Coils, Sway bar and wheels on. Here's pic. Will take for a drive soon and hope to get better pictures. The front still needs to be dropped another 1/2 or so.

I wasn't immediately in love with the wheels, but the drop has won be over. There's possible a wheel change in the future for this car.

Brakes and front splitter is next, and to the track we go!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Late night last night, but finally put the GodSpeed Coils, Sway bar and wheels on. Here's pic. Will take for a drive soon and hope to get better pictures. The front still needs to be dropped another 1/2 or so.

View attachment 491832

I wasn't immediately in love with the wheels, but the drop has won be over. There's possible a wheel change in the future for this car.

Brakes and front splitter is next, and to the track we go!
Not totally in love with the wheels eh? @TenZen They dont look bad. That stance and orange are killer, and I dig the meaty tires.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Not totally in love with the wheels eh? @TenZen They dont look bad. That stance and orange are killer, and I dig the meaty tires.
thank you. I have a bunch of adjustments to make, but so far very happy with grip and the steering response.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It's amazing how much some suspension and beef can change the drive of a vehicle.
Indeed. This car needed it. When Jose finished building it at MercRacing, the first thing he said was “you’re going to need a new suspension”! Luckily the Monomaxx are very affordable

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Quick Update: After installing the GodSpeed MomoMaxx Coils, I decided to UP the spring rate in the rear. For some reason the ones from GS still felt soft for a true track setup. I took some videos, and tried to cover them in details. I would have liked to record some date(G's, Speed, etc) but God knows I don't have that much time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quick Update: After installing the GodSpeed MomoMaxx Coils, I decided to UP the spring rate in the rare. For some reason the ones from GS still felt soft for a true track setup. I took some videos, and tried to cover them in details. I would have liked to record some date(G's, Speed, etc) but God knows I don't have that much time.

The Monomaxx's are 10k front and 14k rear I believe. What's you up it to? Those rates are the highest I've seen compared to other coils, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The Monomaxx's are 10k front and 14k rear I believe. What's you up it to? Those rates are the highest I've seen compared to other coils, IIRC.
I increased the rear to a little over 18K. So far it has improved cornering and traction in low gears. watch the video I posted, there’s a before and after clip of the rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
For anyone interested, I’m going to be doing a live chat with Jose from MercRacing and @15WhiteSi

Go to my YouTube channel at 9PM est. If you want to join the discussion. Or just watch us make fools of each other.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts