9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Brakes are almost all installed. I DO have some issues with this kit. Primarily the fact that it's far from a complete kit. I'll do a write-up or quick video on it, but so far not so happy with the install. I thought the Safety wire would be the worst part of it, but so far it's not.

I'll keep you guy sposted.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Brake setup looking nice can't wait till my brakes are done so I can upgrade lol.
Thanks! that’s going to take a while. Honda put some really long lasting pads on these cars.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Brakes are almost all installed. I DO have some issues with this kit. Primarily the fact that it's far from a complete kit. I'll do a write-up or quick video on it, but so far not so happy with the install. I thought the Safety wire would be the worst part of it, but so far it's not.

View attachment 492004
Looks like the rotors are not hubcentric? Is the going to be a problem?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Looks like the rotors are not hubcentric? Is the going to be a problem?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Good catch! There’s a hub ring that sits behind them. When the wheel is mounted it keeps everything tight.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've looked at the Wilwood kit before, and

View attachment 492004
Looking forward to the video.
Another YT live stream would really be great, too.
Promise to keep it under 90 minutes this time.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I've looked at the Wilwood kit before, and

Looking forward to the video.
Another YT live stream would really be great, too.
Promise to keep it under 90 minutes this time.
I looked at the Spoon, Brembo/TL updgrade, and even the BuddyClub kit. I finally went with this one because i thought it was the more complete, and had the most longevity. I have a bad history with BBK. I used to have a Rotora Kit on an RSX-S only to have issues finding pads later.

I did record the install, and will only say that I am not happy calling it a complete kit, because you still need other parts to complete it. Even the dust covers for bleeders.

Anyway, I can ramble on, but the next YT live will hopefully host Chris from RedShift. We are just waiting for his schedule to open up. I'll announce it well before we do it this time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
why didn't you go with the 4 piston one?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Han. All kidding aside - I was hoping this kid would perform better on the track than the 4 piston. Especially the rotors.
Do you also have a 2 piece rotor?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
As promised. An unbox video. This is a very interesting BBK. Install video next week.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Here’s the DIY on the Wilwood kit.
Started a DYI thread in the DIY section. If anyone want to follow that too.

WilWood 6 Piston BBK Install - 9th Gen Civic SI

61 - 80 of 135 Posts