9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man, you've been going hard on this build. Had you just gotten the car when you started the thread? Seeing you and @15WhiteSi have such good luck with that MercRacing kit it really seems like s/c is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Man, you've been going hard on this build. Had you just gotten the car when you started the thread? Seeing you and @15WhiteSi have such good luck with that MercRacing kit it really seems like s/c is the way to go.
I bought the car in October and boosted it right away, i think it was around Feb that I started to document the build.

All the latest pics yous see lately are mostly to get the car prepped for race day(in a few weeks hopefully).

The SC has been really good, so far no complaints.

·
Registered
422 Posts
can't wait to install mine!!!! Looking good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought the car in October and boosted it right away, i think it was around Feb that I started to document the build.

All the latest pics yous see lately are mostly to get the car prepped for race day(in a few weeks hopefully).

The SC has been really good, so far no complaints.
That's what's up. It's been coming along nicely. Both of y'all been putting in work.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
That's what's up. It's been coming along nicely. Both of y'all been putting in work.
Thanks man. I really just followed his lead on most things.

now we’re messing around with suspension stuff and I guess I’m leading the charge there.
Then who knows, maybe I’ll follow him down this e85 path.
HAHA

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks man. I really just followed his lead on most things.

now we’re messing around with suspension stuff and I guess I’m leading the charge there.
Then who knows, maybe I’ll follow him down this e85 path.
HAHA
Meth injection?

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Meth injection?

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
I thought about it... but I don’t want to do it. It’s an added complication and I am still very happy with the power and torque from the car. It would be nice to just be able to get E85 around here

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
who wants to watch the next DIY with me?!?!

i'll be on at 4:30PM EST, watching watching how much i made a fool of myself :LOL:

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
725 Posts
All that and you didn't have to change gears over to GearX?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
All that and you didn't have to change gears over to GearX?
Gears are still holding. I tried not to be an animal with the trans. I am looking at Mfactory gears for the winter, I could use better gearing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Gears are still holding. I tried not to be an animal with the trans. I am looking at Mfactory gears for the winter, I could use better gearing.
Ah. I don't trust myself to not rip on it all the time. Have you ever dealt with belt slipping on it? Someone asked about that on one of the FB groups and I know nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Ah. I don't trust myself to not rip on it all the time. Have you ever dealt with belt slipping on it? Someone asked about that on one of the FB groups and I know nothing about it.
No belt slip yet. We use to have that issue back in the day with the Jackson Racing kits, and the CT kits until Jose came up with a bracket for the OEM tensioner.
Honestly if it was t for that bracket I would have spent no time on those old SC setups.

this new tensioner is and even better upgrade. One belt can do a bunch of different pulleys setups.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i 2nd that. No belt slip on my end either. The tensioner has been great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ive never heard of belt-slip with a Merc racing set up. Maybe on other SC set-ups?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Set your clocks everyone! 8PM, July 30th 2020

It took a long time to schedule, due to the fact that Chris is a very busy person, and yet one of the coolest people out here. So it's with a great honor, that I would like to invite you all to a live interview hosted on my Youtube channel.

This will not be an open Q&A, but I will screen your the chat and may choose your question to ask Chris.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Set your clocks everyone! 8PM, July 30th 2020

It took a long time to schedule, due to the fact that Chris is a very busy person, and yet one of the coolest people out here. So it's with a great honor, that I would like to invite you all to a live interview hosted on my Youtube channel.

This will not be an open Q&A, but I will screen your the chat and may choose your question to ask Chris.

Thanks everyone!

Can't wait for this!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ive never heard of belt-slip with a Merc racing set up. Maybe on other SC set-ups?
Belt slipping is news to me but then again, I don't know squat about S/Cs.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
For anyone following along, Chris had to re-schedule and we have to do the live stream tonight at 8pm EST.

apologies from all us, but join if you're still able to.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts