9th Gen Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just read your other post about coming from an RSX to the 9th gen. Definitely know what you're saying about the shorter wheel base RSX feeling more tossable, but the chassis and suspension geometry is soooo much better on these cars. Its very nice to not have to run 20k rear springs to keep the toe in line lol.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Just read your other post about coming from an RSX to the 9th gen. Definitely know what you're saying about the shorter wheel base RSX feeling more tossable, but the chassis and suspension geometry is soooo much better on these cars. Its very nice to not have to run 20k rear springs to keep the toe in line lol.
I agree 1000%.

·
Registered
133 Posts
But you have to run 20k rear springs for it to rotate well in autox lol

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
But you have to run 20k rear springs for it to rotate well in autox lol

From what I remember AutoX, Especially in smaller lots like here in FCSCC - is very hard on suspension and tires. Pavement was terrible, transitions were abrupt at times - anyone running the smaller lot would remember this.

I had the same issue at a DC Pro-Solo event.
But overall at bigger events like Devens, transitions were smoother, mostly long slaloms. After my chat with Chris last night, I am convinced we need better dampers and the least spring rate possible.
All that being said is ONE reason why I don’t autoX here anymore, even tho it’s 5 minutes away.
I would like this car to last me a while.

·
Registered
133 Posts
From what I remember AutoX, Especially in smaller lots like here in FCSCC - is very hard on suspension and tires. Pavement was terrible, transitions were abrupt at times - anyone running the smaller lot would remember this.

I had the same issue at a DC Pro-Solo event.
But overall at bigger events like Devens, transitions were smoother, mostly long slaloms. After my chat with Chris last night, I am convinced we need better dampers and the least spring rate possible.
All that being said is ONE reason why I don’t autoX here anymore, even tho it’s 5 minutes away.
I would like this car to last me a while.
I refuse to run the small lot ever again. Big lot or bust. Either go to Devens or MetLife. You’ll be much happier at MetLife. It’s like a better and smoother big lot. It’s beautiful!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I refuse to run the small lot ever again. Big lot or bust. Either go to Devens or MetLife. You’ll be much happier at MetLife. It’s like a better and smoother big lot. It’s beautiful!

i been to met life. It’s awesome there. I remember looking at my tires after and they weren’t all shredded, but clean.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Silly tuning video but fun driving through canyon roads at the end.
How to Tune with Hondata Flash Pro - 9th Gen Honda Civic Si Supercharged

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Got rid of this:

for this

the car sounds so good!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Noticeable difference? Any reason you went with 2.5 vs 3 inch?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Noticeable difference? Any reason you went with 2.5 vs 3 inch?
so far the car sounds great. Better than catted, less drone.

Performance wise, it's hard to tell because I am waiting to hear back from Jeff Evans. I sent him some logs last night. Boost went down slightly, half a PSI in some places a tad more in others.

I went with 2.5" because I was afraid that 3" would be too loud for daily. I have driven 3" catted Si's like the @15WhiteSi setup, and I thought it was rough for daily use.

So it's 2.5" DP and 2.75 Exhaust.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Word. Do you think the power gains are negligable between the 2.5 and 3?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #133 (Edited)
Word. Do you think the power gains are negligable between the 2.5 and 3?
I don't think its a huge increase in power. When i went from 3" catback from a stock system, i gained 1hp, but I was catted at that point.

We will have to see what @15WhiteSi does with his. He decided to go catless too.

We will see what the Dyno says. I think the J37 will most likely be the biggest power adder. I am glad the boost went down a bit already. The bigger TB will bring boost back up.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I don't think its a huge increase in power. When i went from 3" catback from a stock system, i gained 1hp, but I was catted at that point.

We will have to see what @15WhiteSi does with his. He decided to go catless too.

We will see what the Dyno says. I think the J37 will most likely be the biggest power adder. I am glad the boost went down a bit already. The bigger TB will bring boost back up.
Word. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
A quick install and first start with a catless Downpipe. Really loving the sound. The video doesn’t do it justice.

Catless RV6 Bellmouth Downpipe Install - Honda Civic Si (9thGen) - Adios Cat!!

121 - 140 of 141 Posts