9th Gen Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
This will probably go in sometime in The next week or so.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Limerock is only 2 days away now. I can’t explain how I feel right now. This has been a dream of mine for like 15 years.

video of the fresh helmet.

HJC AR-10 III (3) RACING HELMET UNBOXING - Getting ready for the track on my 9thGen Civic Si

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
First Visit to Limerock Ep2. - On the Road up - 9thGen Civic

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
if you don’t already follow my progress on IG. I wanted to share some pics with the forum of the first track day at Limerock.

they are watermarked for credit to owner. I’ll be purchasing these tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
MercRacing Aftercooler Upgrades:

We might call this stage 2 cooling upgrades. Bigger water pump, and bigger heat exchanger.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ok thank you. i’m looking at weight cut and apparently battery is a good place to shave a few.
i’ve said it before, i’ll say it again, sic build dude 👍🏻

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
746 Posts
MercRacing Aftercooler Upgrades:

We might call this stage 2 cooling upgrades. Bigger water pump, and bigger heat exchanger.

Called it! New parts were the reason you took off your bumper.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
ok thank you. i’m looking at weight cut and apparently battery is a good place to shave a few.
i’ve said it before, i’ll say it again, sic build dude 👍🏻
Thanks dude.

Called it! New parts were the reason you took off your bumper.
LOL. This heat exchanger upgrade is "highly experimental" but so far very happy with the results.

Time to get some tints lol

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
a younger me, would have gone for those right away. I'll get to tints eventually.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
A quick tour of Limerock Park. Not the best tour, but I was amazed how you can basically check out the whole place.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I'm going to be doing a live stream tonight with @15WhiteSi. Jose from MercRacing should be there. We had another special guest lined up, but he's very busy. Anyone who wants to join tonight at 8PM EST is welcomed. Just visit my Youtube Channel. Link below.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Titanium valves

Ferrea Valve Kit Unboxing - 9TH Gen Supercharged Honda Civic Si

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I know I have been posting lot's of pictures an videos lately. I wanted to give the forum community an idea of where the build is headed, and perhaps why.

From day one Jose(MercRacing) and I thought this engine ran kinda hot. We initially thought there was too much heat coming from the blower/boost etc. After checking with a few guys who were in the 9thGen community longer than I - Everyone said that 200-205 is basically normal for these engines. Some Floridians even told me they cruise at 215F degrees!!! (keep in mind my RSX used to cruise at 196F, and only saw 200 after the AEBS sleeves)

My mind was at peace basically after that. At the time I had distant plans of going to a race track, but nothing solid.

After looking at logs and going over every detail. The car did not overheat, I did not get an overheating warning at any point, but I just hated how the temps stayed at 208-210 the whole session. Also not having higher revs made the car feel very soft. I played it extremely safe, which isn't all that fun.

Over the next few months a few things will be upgraded. The motor build is already under way, just waiting for a few misc parts to come in. Taking the engine apart, I noticed there is no sandwich Oil cooler like in the old K series engines(K20A2/k240A2) - not sure if the Z3s have it. So I am going to be installing a Mishimoto Oil cooler kit, along with the oil pump upgrades.

I will be upgrading to an MFactory Short Gearset. I look at GearX and PPG, but they gearing makes no sense for me and my style of driving.

There maaaaay also be a bigger blower in the works. I will try to document everything as well as possible, and look forward to making a few clips of Nathan(MercRacing) assembling the engine. A few fun months ahead.

Thanks to everyone who follows along. Being still a n00b with the 9thgen series, if there's anything you guys think I should try out, please let me know. I could use all the advice I can get.

cheers

141 - 160 of 168 Posts