9th Gen Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Civic Si
36 Posts
This is why i think your safe to shave the OBD1, your just making it react faster to change, not changing the offset reading. Old forums have alot of info on this.
If i wasn't going to retune, I'd shave mine. Since I'm retuning, I'm upgrading to AEM.
So I found my issue, I forgot to disconnect my iat wires from my MAF so it must have been reading the intake temps from the air filter. Also shaved the obd1 sensor and it works like a charm. IAT's are now 5-10* F above ambient!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
So I found my issue, I forgot to disconnect my iat wires from my MAF so it must have been reading the intake temps from the air filter. Also shaved the obd1 sensor and it works like a charm. IAT's are now 5-10* F above ambient!
that makes sense. Glad you figured it out. Does it respond quickly now to temp changes?

·
Registered
2013 Civic Si
36 Posts
that makes sense. Glad you figured it out. Does it respond quickly now to temp changes?
Yeah, it's responds immediately during wot and returns to a cooler temp right after. At wot, I'm about 20 over ambient and cruising around, I'm about 5 degrees above. We've got temps in the 40's tonight so I'm very excited!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
As promised. Some of you wanted to see a TB DIY.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
As always I’ll be doing a write up on the build so far. But here’s a video with results and even some highway roll races

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Forgot to post the Dyno graph. This was the final run on 104 octane. I'll be dropping the boost and going back for a more optimal tune next month. Probably will up the revs to 8200-8400. We shall see...

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Okay guys. More loud SC videos

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
So I changed out my pulley to the 3.5" pulley. The 3.2" Pulley was making 20-21psi.

This one tamed the blower down to 16psi. It should make tuning more manageable.

The boost still climbs pretty quick, but rather than going from 0-15psi in a heart beat, then climbing to 21, now it goes up to about 11, and climbs to 16psi.

I'll be going next month back on the dyno to see what results we end up with. Here's a video, of the pulley change. Fast forward to the end to see

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
816 Posts
Did you ever explain or use what those ball joint spacer things did when you had the car put back together?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Did you ever explain or use what those ball joint spacer things did when you had the car put back together?
I have not been able to get to those. At this point I am waiting for warmer weather to put those on.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I been wanting to check out one of these K20 head swaps for a long time. I came across this opportunity and just went for it.

I hope you guys like the video.

First Car Review !!! K20 Frankenstein 9thGen Civic

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
I know I say I hate the winter, but I decided to enjoy the scenery this time

Driving a 400HP Civic in the Winter - Future Plans, Upcoming Mods, Roll Race Shout out

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
So I spent the night and morning the other day thinking about a solution for accuracy in AFR reading. Since the rebuild, for some reason Jeff Evans, hasn't trusted the OEM Wideband sensor. I trust his judgement, I mean then guy has tuned everything under this earth. This is not an over exaggeration.

He asked me to look into getting a true Wideband, like AEM and tap it into the ECU. I didn't give me much thought until recently. I been kinda having fun with the car.

So the other day I started researching how to properly do this in our cars, and maybe I am just a terrible Googler but I could not find anything on the forums(not just this one). I also checked a FB group for 8/9thGen racers, and found very little information on the topic. One guy was kind enough to go back and fourth with me on the topic, but still I found little results.

That was the night...

In the morning I had some coffee, and the thought crossed my mind to go straight to Hondata with my issue. So I decided to read their forum page, and their help section.

SOOOO it is posible to get this done. There are two inputs that Hondata still lets us use to send data from another sensor to ECU. The ethanol guys use the ECT sensor on the radiator, and there's another input called ELD. All I know is that Hondata does not recommend using that for AFR.

I went ahead and ordered some gauge pods that I actually like(sleeper styles). I am now just waiting on the AEM UEGO to complete the parts needed for the project.

I will try to do a complete write up of the process because this shit took me a long as time to get to. I think it will be helpful to others looking to do the same. There may be a video, maybe not. I am crunched for time on this one.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
397 Posts
great vids dude. that k20/k24 sounds fun, i cant believe you flew down to florida to see it 😂.
mad props 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
great vids dude. that k20/k24 sounds fun, i cant believe you flew down to florida to see it 😂.
mad props 👍🏻
Thank you man! I needed a vacation!

also made time for the wife and I to stroll around the west coast of FL, enjoy the beaches, and just all around chill.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
AEM EUGO + Hondata FlashPro - Connect your gauge to ECU

221 - 240 of 247 Posts