9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I been wanting to check out one of these K20 head swaps for a long time. I came across this opportunity and just went for it.

I hope you guys like the video.

First Car Review !!! K20 Frankenstein 9thGen Civic
I love this!!! I wish it was an easier/common thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
I love this!!! I wish it was an easier/common thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
yeah man. It’s somewhat complicated, not that much if you’re familiar with the engine. but it’s also just as expensive as a boosted build.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
After the Dyno I visited my friend Joe. He's building an NSX K-Swap with a MR 2300 SC. In the meantime I took him for a ride.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
400WHP MercRacing Supercharged Civic Si - Dyno Day and Race Tune

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Always cool watching Jeff tune. I miss his daily tune episodes on YouTube. This would have been perfect for an episode.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Always cool watching Jeff tune. I miss his daily tune episodes on YouTube. This would have been perfect for an episode.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I know. He's so freaking busy lately! We didn't even street tune. I am supposed to send him logs this week.

His academy if worth having at least sign up for a month.

I am in no way sponsored by him LOL

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I really enjoyed making this video clip. Haha. The shifter really brought out the baddie in me this past week.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
This thread is starting to get out of control...

Anyway - So to keep you guys in the loop! I got a really good deal on a K20 head. Impulsively - I went ahead and bought it.

Here it is

You all know what's next. Well slowly - I will be getting my ducks in a row to make this head swap happen. Another impulsive thing were the cams. I was happy to run the k20z3 cams, but since I started my build I always hear about this Aussie fella that designed cams to actually benefit roots style superchargers. Obviously he did all his work on Ariel Atoms, and he was able to get some magical numbers out of them. He's the only one that I know breaking the 700HP mark.

impulsively - I ordered these too. He happened to have a set at a shop in Oregon, and I ended up with a pretty good deal - all things considering.

up next I hope to get a hold of a custom fab header, and then send the head for welding to 4Piston. I will not port this head at this point, I think the flow will be plenty for me. I might do minimal porting on the exhaust side like I did the Z7 head.

I don't plan on having this done until Q2(after winter) next year. I am going to get my moneys worth out of the current build first. I hope to keep you guys all up to date. If you have any recommendations feel free to let me know.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #251 (Edited)
Well buy first think later I guess lol.
LOL sorta.

I have been reading about these cams on and off since I started this build. I talked the owner last week, and I was surprised how much time he had to answer my questions. Then I had the "f*** it" moment and hit "Buy Now"

The head was really just a stupid good deal. :LOL:

the dumb part was that i drove on black ice to get it. Who doesn't like to live on the edge!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,817 Posts
RPF1 are iconic wheels. One thing about RPF1 though as you already found out they're not the most fit friendly for BBK. I have a set of RPF1 and Enkei PF01 and PF01 is designed to fit BBK. Also when your weighing the wheels the RPF1 are bigger wheels than your previous wheels yet still much lighter weight.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
RPF1 are iconic wheels. One thing about RPF1 though as you already found out they're not the most fit friendly for BBK. I have a set of RPF1 and Enkei PF01 and PF01 is designed to fit BBK. Also when your weighing the wheels the RPF1 are bigger wheels than your previous wheels yet still much lighter weight.
yes. Last time I ha RPF1 they were 17x10 and +18 offset. Big difference. And you’re right. I forgot to mention the old wheels were 18x8 instead of 9.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts