9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current tires: Michelin Defenders

Possible next tires: Michelin MXM4's

Current tires getting pretty good mileage but not going to make 90 K miles which they are rated for. I typically do get rated mileage on any tire since I don't drive hard.

Current tire is also noisy, not so great in the wet, and while just OK, not really impressed with anything about it.

Proposed next set: Michelin MXM4. Anyone have FIRST HAND knowledge about which is better. Better or same mileage while being quieter with better grip would make me buy these tires.

Interested in non-anecdotal input...Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd also be interested. Is the MXM4 carried at Costco?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It has been a while since I was slinging tires, but I remember the MXM4 usually getting more than the suggested mileage or right there, and the defender always getting a little bit less. Always liked the MXM4 a lot, was never impressed with the defender. I can't recall ever having to mileage warranty a set of MXM4's, however, I can think of a couple instances on the defenders. Can't speak for road noise or wet traction since I was servicing them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have had good luck with Defender..... no way, will they last to 90k miles though.

I managed 56k miles, and still going on my current set.... the MXM4 is only rated at 55k.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Current tires: Michelin Defenders

Possible next tires: Michelin MXM4's

Current tires getting pretty good mileage but not going to make 90 K miles which they are rated for. I typically do get rated mileage on any tire since I don't drive hard.

Current tire is also noisy, not so great in the wet, and while just OK, not really impressed with anything about it.

Proposed next set: Michelin MXM4. Anyone have FIRST HAND knowledge about which is better. Better or same mileage while being quieter with better grip would make me buy these tires.

Interested in non-anecdotal input...Thanks
Would you consider a tire that is not one of those you mentioned, or are you considering the Michelin only?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
sold our 8th gen ex coupe last week, but it had the defenders on it before one of them blew out on my daughter. they were relatively noisy in my opinion. much noisier than the replacement tires and the snow tires i would put on it. the defenders are not on my list of tires to consider in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts