9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best of luck. How do you like that Daisata head unit? Looks pretty nice (other then the WAP by Megan Thee Stallion) ;)
Hahaha, I put the WAP on because I knew someone would mention it. Also I like the new head unit a lot. It makes my car interior looks newer and cleaner. Someone thought this car is a newer model because of it. This head unit has many features, but I got it mostly for the aesthetics and in order to use Apple CarPlay, I would need to buy a separate adapter dongle, which I probably will do later. I also got another head unit from Dasaita for my uncle’s 2010 Toyota Camry LE and I’ll be installing it for him this Sunday. What I like about Dasaita is that they sell specific head units with the frames for specific car models. Other than that, I would’ve went with other brands, I’m satisfied overall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's correct. Although it may not have two cables like in your picture, more likely there is a cable within the cable like the picture below. In this example, the red cable on the inside (signal carrier) is what you connect to position 3 (black, +) and the shielding/ground you would connect to position 19 (white, -).
View attachment 493297
Hi Jim, just got the cable today from the Amazon link you recommended. It came very long so I cut one side to like 5’ and there’s 3 wires in it. My question is do I leave the small yellow cable alone and just use the red and black? Also the copper is really cheap and they spread apart easily as you can see in the picture below, do I plug them straight into the iMid 32 pin harness or disconnect the position 3 and 19 first and connect them to these wires and then connect into the harness? Just want to make sure, no need to solder right? Just use electrical tape?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Jim, just got the cable today from the Amazon link you recommended. It came very long so I cut one side to like 5’ and there’s 3 wires in it. My question is do I leave the small yellow cable alone and just use the red and black? Also the copper is really cheap and they spread apart easily as you can see in the picture below, do I plug them straight into the iMid 32 pin harness or disconnect the position 3 and 19 first and connect them to these wires and then connect into the harness? Just want to make sure, no need to solder right? Just use electrical tape?
Hello Sunheng,
You need to splice the wires in position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -) of the iMid to expose the cable like shown in the white cable below.

You then wrap the yellow from your amazon cable to position 3 (black, +) and the black from your amazon cable to position 19 (white, -) and either solder or electric tape it together (up to you). As far as the red cable is concerned, this is the "reverse signal" wire which I don't believe you need to connect since your head unit is clearly switching the camera when you go in reverse. So I'd advise that you start by connecting the two cable above and testing it (remember, you need to plug the iMid back in to test) and if it works, you're all set.

If it still doesn't work, then you can try to connect the red from your amazon cable to position 14 (brown, reverse) of the iMid as hector suggested and the red on the other end to orange cable in your head unit labeled "Back" which should then send the reverse trigger signal from the iMid to your head unit.

Let me know if that's clear, otherwise I can draw you a chart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Sunheng,
You need to splice the wires in position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -) of the iMid to expose the cable like shown in the white cable below. View attachment 493323
You then wrap the yellow from your amazon cable to position 3 (black, +) and the black from your amazon cable to position 19 (white, -) and either solder or electric tape it together (up to you). As far as the red cable is concerned, this is the "reverse signal" wire which I don't believe you need to connect since your head unit is clearly switching the camera when you go in reverse. So I'd advise that you start by connecting the two cable above and testing it (remember, you need to plug the iMid back in to test) and if it works, you're all set.

If it still doesn't work, then you can try to connect the red from your amazon cable to position 14 (brown, reverse) of the iMid as hector suggested and the red on the other end to orange cable in your head unit labeled "Back" which should then send the reverse trigger signal from the iMid to your head unit.

Let me know if that's clear, otherwise I can draw you a chart.
I understood the rest but as for connecting the amazon wires to the iMid harness, I would have to actually cut the position 3 and 19 wires first in order to connect the amazon wires, right? By cutting, I mean the part where the white position19 wire copper exposes in the picture that you attached and not the tip where it goes into the harness meaning I don't have to unplug position 3 and 19 wire from the 32 pin first. Also if you can please send me a chart or diagram, that would be great as well, appreciated the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I understood the rest but as for connecting the amazon wires to the iMid harness, I would have to actually cut the position 3 and 19 wires first in order to connect the amazon wires, right?
That's Correct

Here is a rough chart

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's Correct

Here is a rough chart

View attachment 493326
Hahahahaha, I cannot believe you added WAP just to rub it in my face like that. Also quite clever how you keep the picture small and placed it at the end of the eye line intentionally so I wouldn't catch it instantly at first by looking at the picture as a whole. I literally laughed out loud. But anyway, thank you very much for clarifying once again and be very patient with me. I appreciate your help a lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hahahahaha, I cannot believe you added WAP just to rub it in my face like that. Also quite clever how you keep the picture small and placed it at the end of the eye line intentionally so I wouldn't catch it instantly at first by looking at the picture as a whole. I literally laughed out loud. But anyway, thank you very much for clarifying once again and be very patient with me. I appreciate your help a lot.
Hehe, no worries mate. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your install and rearview camera on that big screen.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts