9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Best of luck. How do you like that Daisata head unit? Looks pretty nice (other then the WAP by Megan Thee Stallion) ;)
Hahaha, I put the WAP on because I knew someone would mention it. Also I like the new head unit a lot. It makes my car interior looks newer and cleaner. Someone thought this car is a newer model because of it. This head unit has many features, but I got it mostly for the aesthetics and in order to use Apple CarPlay, I would need to buy a separate adapter dongle, which I probably will do later. I also got another head unit from Dasaita for my uncle’s 2010 Toyota Camry LE and I’ll be installing it for him this Sunday. What I like about Dasaita is that they sell specific head units with the frames for specific car models. Other than that, I would’ve went with other brands, I’m satisfied overall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's correct. Although it may not have two cables like in your picture, more likely there is a cable within the cable like the picture below. In this example, the red cable on the inside (signal carrier) is what you connect to position 3 (black, +) and the shielding/ground you would connect to position 19 (white, -).
View attachment 493297
Hi Jim, just got the cable today from the Amazon link you recommended. It came very long so I cut one side to like 5’ and there’s 3 wires in it. My question is do I leave the small yellow cable alone and just use the red and black? Also the copper is really cheap and they spread apart easily as you can see in the picture below, do I plug them straight into the iMid 32 pin harness or disconnect the position 3 and 19 first and connect them to these wires and then connect into the harness? Just want to make sure, no need to solder right? Just use electrical tape?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi Jim, just got the cable today from the Amazon link you recommended. It came very long so I cut one side to like 5’ and there’s 3 wires in it. My question is do I leave the small yellow cable alone and just use the red and black? Also the copper is really cheap and they spread apart easily as you can see in the picture below, do I plug them straight into the iMid 32 pin harness or disconnect the position 3 and 19 first and connect them to these wires and then connect into the harness? Just want to make sure, no need to solder right? Just use electrical tape?
Hello Sunheng,
You need to splice the wires in position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -) of the iMid to expose the cable like shown in the white cable below.

You then wrap the yellow from your amazon cable to position 3 (black, +) and the black from your amazon cable to position 19 (white, -) and either solder or electric tape it together (up to you). As far as the red cable is concerned, this is the "reverse signal" wire which I don't believe you need to connect since your head unit is clearly switching the camera when you go in reverse. So I'd advise that you start by connecting the two cable above and testing it (remember, you need to plug the iMid back in to test) and if it works, you're all set.

If it still doesn't work, then you can try to connect the red from your amazon cable to position 14 (brown, reverse) of the iMid as hector suggested and the red on the other end to orange cable in your head unit labeled "Back" which should then send the reverse trigger signal from the iMid to your head unit.

Let me know if that's clear, otherwise I can draw you a chart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Sunheng,
You need to splice the wires in position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -) of the iMid to expose the cable like shown in the white cable below. View attachment 493323
You then wrap the yellow from your amazon cable to position 3 (black, +) and the black from your amazon cable to position 19 (white, -) and either solder or electric tape it together (up to you). As far as the red cable is concerned, this is the "reverse signal" wire which I don't believe you need to connect since your head unit is clearly switching the camera when you go in reverse. So I'd advise that you start by connecting the two cable above and testing it (remember, you need to plug the iMid back in to test) and if it works, you're all set.

If it still doesn't work, then you can try to connect the red from your amazon cable to position 14 (brown, reverse) of the iMid as hector suggested and the red on the other end to orange cable in your head unit labeled "Back" which should then send the reverse trigger signal from the iMid to your head unit.

Let me know if that's clear, otherwise I can draw you a chart.
I understood the rest but as for connecting the amazon wires to the iMid harness, I would have to actually cut the position 3 and 19 wires first in order to connect the amazon wires, right? By cutting, I mean the part where the white position19 wire copper exposes in the picture that you attached and not the tip where it goes into the harness meaning I don't have to unplug position 3 and 19 wire from the 32 pin first. Also if you can please send me a chart or diagram, that would be great as well, appreciated the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I understood the rest but as for connecting the amazon wires to the iMid harness, I would have to actually cut the position 3 and 19 wires first in order to connect the amazon wires, right?
That's Correct

Here is a rough chart

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's Correct

Here is a rough chart

View attachment 493326
Hahahahaha, I cannot believe you added WAP just to rub it in my face like that. Also quite clever how you keep the picture small and placed it at the end of the eye line intentionally so I wouldn't catch it instantly at first by looking at the picture as a whole. I literally laughed out loud. But anyway, thank you very much for clarifying once again and be very patient with me. I appreciate your help a lot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hahahahaha, I cannot believe you added WAP just to rub it in my face like that. Also quite clever how you keep the picture small and placed it at the end of the eye line intentionally so I wouldn't catch it instantly at first by looking at the picture as a whole. I literally laughed out loud. But anyway, thank you very much for clarifying once again and be very patient with me. I appreciate your help a lot.
Hehe, no worries mate. Good luck, looking forward to seeing your install and rearview camera on that big screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It finally works. Although my imid position 3 is white and 19 is black, the same concept, just play around to see which one works if you have different colors. I connected the yellow cable from Amazon to position 19 black and black cable from Amazon to position 3 white. I didn’t need to connect the red reverse trigger wire. Thanks for the help. Removing the dashboard wasn’t that complicated either, just clips and screws.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It finally works. Although my imid position 3 is white and 19 is black, the same concept, just play around to see which one works if you have different colors. I connected the yellow cable from Amazon to position 19 black and black cable from Amazon to position 3 white. I didn’t need to connect the red reverse trigger wire. Thanks for the help. Removing the dashboard wasn’t that complicated either, just clips and screws.
View attachment 493381
Looks great mate, congrats!

·
Registered
50 Posts
@gimiv, @Sunheng , guys, maybe I am blind but i did not find where you connected "reverse' cable to? Pisitions 3 and 19 are make sense, but what about reverse?
By the way, was is easy to disassemble dashboard (3 pieces)?
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@gimiv, @Sunheng , guys, maybe I am blind but i did not find where you connected "reverse' cable to? Pisitions 3 and 19 are make sense, but what about reverse?
By the way, was is easy to disassemble dashboard (3 pieces)?
Thanks.
You most likely do not need to connect a "reverse" signal wire as your head unit is probably getting this information from the harness at the radio. If when you put your car in reverse and the head unit switches to the camera, then the head unit already knows that the car is in reverse and all it needs is the video signal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@gimiv, my Sony AX1000 does not recognize reverse and nothing changes on the screen when reverse, so I guess I need to tap reverse wire but i have no idea where.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@gimiv, my Sony AX1000 does not recognize reverse and nothing changes on the screen when reverse, so I guess I need to tap reverse wire but i have no idea where.
I see. In that case, I believe the reverse signal is in pin 14 (see below). Though you may want to test it out while the dashboard is off to make sure the radio picks up the reverse signal and switches over to the camera (make sure the imid is plugged back in when testing). Alternatively, I know for sure there is a "reverse signal" at the radio somewhere, but couldn't tell you where because I used a wire harness to connect to the factory harness (and the reverse signal switched the head unit to camera mode).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

I've been trying to find a easy-ish solution in the forum, but it doesn't seem that many people care to mirror their backup camera from the iMid to their aftermarket head unit (with a bigger, brighter screen). I assume that the iMid backup camera has nothing to do with the head unit as the iMid backup camera is retained with no head unit installed.

My research has led me to believe that the only way to achieve this is to open up the dashboard, access the 32 pin iMID adaptor and splice off of the Video+ (Black - Pin19) and Video- (White - Pin 3) into an RCA, then run that to the backup camera port of the head unit (Pioneer MVH-1400).

I've been able to retain all other functionality with a iDatalink Maestro RR + HO2 harness, but when I put the car in reverse, the head unit is just a black screen (because I wired the reverse trigger cable), but I'd much rather it mirror the iMid.

My question is this:

Is there any other way to access the iMid's video signal other than opening up my dash and splice off the iMid? Or possibly splice into the the black (video+) and white (video-) cables somewhere under the dash, radio, glove box?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Hi Jim,

I'm trying to do the exact same thing and was hoping you got this figured out and could give me some guidance?. Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
You know, given the long weekend I’ll probably tackle this little project. I have to remove the stereo/climate control bezel anyway in order to vinyl wrap it.

The only thing that worries me is removing the entire dash and either breaking something or losing a clip. (All the teardown guides I found were missing photos).

I’ll share any lessons learned with you, and of course the results of connecting the camera feed. Take care!
Hi,
Did you every complete this project? Looking for some guidance!

Scott

·
Registered
214 Posts
Success!
View attachment 492446

Removing the dash was much easier than I expected. For anyone wondering, the 2013 Si model pinout on the iMid harness is the same as for other models; position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -).

View attachment 492447

The resolution on the stock backup cam isn’t the greatest, which is more evident on a high resolution screen than on iMid...but I’m happy with it. Overall easy mod!
So all you had to do was tap into them with an RCA cable and just connect it to the head unit? I was thinking of cutting and splicing but if I can just tap into them and connect it that'll save me some work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So all you had to do was tap into them with an RCA cable and just connect it to the head unit? I was thinking of cutting and splicing but if I can just tap into them and connect it that'll save me some work.
I used this pin layout to figure it out on my 2015 civic lx. The wire colors on mine where different but the pins where the same. My harness different have the reverse trigger so I spliced it from the imid connector also.

Hector View attachment 493293
I'm trying to mirror my backup camera to my aftermarket unit in my 2015 Civic LX. Which wires from the RCA cable went where on the 32-pin harness?

UPDATE: I figured it out. The yellow wire from the RCA cable was connected to Position 19 (Black) and the black wire to Position 3 (Red). Splicing was a real hassle, so I ended up tapping into them because it was easy to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Success!
View attachment 492446

Removing the dash was much easier than I expected. For anyone wondering, the 2013 Si model pinout on the iMid harness is the same as for other models; position 3 (black, +) and 19 (white, -).

View attachment 492447

The resolution on the stock backup cam isn’t the greatest, which is more evident on a high resolution screen than on iMid...but I’m happy with it. Overall easy mod!
So in theory can I do this with a 360 dvr system? Can I use the existing turning and rear cam that's already in the 2014 Accord?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts