9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself as I tend to be a lurker more than a poster online. The name is Ian and I just traded in my 2006 Jetta which was my favorite car. But with timing chain issues coming around for a second time and no longer being covered by VW @ 100K I decided to wipe my hands from it and say my goodbyes. I drove the VW 23K a year and other than this engine design flaw (early 2.5 I5's) it was perfect! I'm now fresh out of college and was ready for my first NEW car and having never owned a Honda I decided the new Si had just about everything I wanted in a new car in my price range. I'm not a mod guy as I tend to put higher mileage on my vehicles in a rather quick amount of time. However I do keep them well maintained and look for common issues online.
Just had the windows tinted on the Si, auto-dimming mirror, and just waiting for Honda to release the red interior illumination kit. Down the line I would like to pickup the 18" HFP Rims so we'll see. Anyways time for some pictures!

The VW will always be loved by me!

Now the new love! Photo as it sat getting ready for sale. 700 miles in 6 days, drove off the lot with only 7 on the odo. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nice ride! I'm sure you will love it!

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
looking good! welcome to 9thgen!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I read the thread about the oil consumption for the Si so I checked my oil today for the first time @750 miles and its a little bit under the full marker so I'll keep an eye on it. I expect a new engine to burn a little bit of oil while things break in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You picked my second choice in color, looks great in silver, congrats and Welcome ;)
Yeah, just keep an eye on the oil, I'm experiencing the same problem but other than that love the car, haven't done first oil change yet so I'm not too worried about it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm an ASM 12 SI owner myself good color choice I wasn't sure what % tint did you use? I have 20% 3m color stable and get compliments left and right good choice bro and you will smoke any Jetta ;) not saying to race but on the track I've had a marvelous time! ;)

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the tint done on Saturday and I went with the darkest allowed by AZ law. The front windows must let in 33% light, the rear is whatever I want so its all limo tint! :)

Also I checked my oil a little longer after driving the car and it was nearly full. I think I checked it a little too soon before the oil could drain down . Which makes me happier! But I will still be watching it carefully.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looks good bro! Check oil in the morning after it has sat, all the oil should be in the pan that way, a little more accurate. Im sure it's fine though

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts