Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:icon_headfones:

Anyone from MN?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
So quiet that I can hear crickets...lol...

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, I woke up this morning and found it to be snowing. I love MN.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Close enough

Not from MN but I'm over in Chicago, atleast it's good to see some people who aren't from Texas or Cali. :eusa_dance:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wisconsin

I'm here in wisconsin with my new ex-l w/nav (gun metal gray). 1600 miles on it and getting 41mpg with every tank. :icon_wave:

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I still need to check out the new Si. See what it is all about.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sup Mike

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Minneapolis here. Only new Si I've seen driving around is my own, honestly - they're still hard to find on the lots up here, let alone in Dyno Blue.

Had an 'incident' already with under 2,000 miles. Not saying anything more about it suffice to say that the repairs are about $2,600 to the front end. I'm getting it fixed here in the next few weeks. Shitty, but it can happen in any car at anytime, anywhere, to anyone. Tread lightly in snow - the car's not bad in it, but it's definitely not something you're gonna write home about.

06, even though you hated me on 8thCivic, you're welcome to give my 2012 a drive sometime if you'd like. Same with Liu. Shouldn't be too hard to find me. I'm the only Dyno Blue 2012 Si around. I have yet to see another Si on the road yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah i know what you mean. i almost got into a pretty bad accident but didnt. ive got dyno blue too. im about half hr north of cities

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Minneapolis here. Only new Si I've seen driving around is my own, honestly - they're still hard to find on the lots up here, let alone in Dyno Blue.

Had an 'incident' already with under 2,000 miles. Not saying anything more about it suffice to say that the repairs are about $2,600 to the front end. I'm getting it fixed here in the next few weeks. Shitty, but it can happen in any car at anytime, anywhere, to anyone. Tread lightly in snow - the car's not bad in it, but it's definitely not something you're gonna write home about.

06, even though you hated me on 8thCivic, you're welcome to give my 2012 a drive sometime if you'd like. Same with Liu. Shouldn't be too hard to find me. I'm the only Dyno Blue 2012 Si around. I have yet to see another Si on the road yet.
Why would you say I hated you? I don't think I hated anyone, especially if they were local here.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Why would you say I hated you? I don't think I hated anyone, especially if they were local here.
06Siguy doesn't hate...but I remember he did say that if he see's a 9th gen civic, he'll toy with it with his 8th gen. lol...

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
06Siguy doesn't hate...but I remember he did say that if he see's a 9th gen civic, he'll toy with it with his 8th gen. lol...
lol, that's true. I did. I have found myself in a difficult situation. Part out my 8th and sell it and all the parts, shop for a evo 9. Or just keep the 8th. I'd love to have awd. especially living here in MN. Such a difficult choice. It's really hard to part it out after all the money and work I've put into it. I just don't know. :gah:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I go to school in Duluth, MN!

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UMD???

:wave:

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm still around guys. I replaced my 2012 Si with the exact same car. Ended up working Tom Kadlec down in the price enough and the kid's insurance up enough to where I ended up saving $30 a month on monthly payments. This time I put GAP on the car.

Thankfully, I still have my Dyno Blue. Inver Grove Honda busted my windshield replacing the bubbling windshield cowl a few weeks ago though. They fixed it and gave me a rental, but the glass they gave me has a flaw inside it and they scratched my pillar paint down to the metal, so I'm making them fix both. They also scratched my wiper arms getting them off so they had to replace those as well.

I'm very happy with their customer service, but I'm questioning their technicians. I was very good about the fact they broke my brand new car's windshields, then gave me it back with scratched wiper arms, a flawed windshield, and paint scratched to the metal - they're going to fix it all, but frankly, I'm sick of making the jog down there and being stuck in a rental (which I'm grateful they provide), for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If you guys ever go there, work with Doug as a Service Advisor - he is by FAR the friendliest person I've ever dealt with, and he actually takes all my issues seriously. He had the car for a week because my driver's side window, when all the way up, has a "leaky air" sound that's audible to me while driving. However, if I press the down button for a sec (so it's still sealed), the noise completely goes away. They have tried EVERYTHING to fix it and have no idea what it is. They've kept an open ticket on it and are waiting to hear back from Honda - I know a few other owners have experienced this as well.

Probably just another example of how they cost cut the shit out of the 2012 models - I'm excited and apprehensive to see the 2013 models...

But I digress - hope all is well - drive safe out there and if you stop at Inver Grove Honda, tell Doug Mike in the blue Si says hi - he'll treat you right.

(I used to go to Walser, but I'm not bringing my Si to Walser Nissan while the new delaership is being built, given the Honda techs in the city barely seem to be able to repair my car correctly).

1 - 20 of 88 Posts