9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with my dealer, and they are telling me that the 7yr 200k warranty that i paid extra for when buying the car:driving:, can be voided by putting wheels, coils and even a CAI on the car:bsflag:...is this for real? i understand that they wouldn't warranty the suspension or anything that would be directly related, but they are telling me that if i do so, then if a window went out, coilovers would void the warranty.:question:

·
Registered
89 Posts
They have to prove the failure of aftermarket part caused the failure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They have to prove the failure of aftermarket part caused the failure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
^This, however if you put on a CAI and then have engine probs they will fight you that it was because of the CAI somehow. Should probably take stuff like that off before bringing it in. With suspension, if you have any power steering probs they will try to blame the new parts and not warranty that. Anything that looks like it could have anything to do with a problem, they will blame and you will have to fight them on it.

Generally, if you want to mod, don't buy a warranty.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
they will try to fight you and try to blame it on the part altho i have never heard of wheels voiding a warranty(dealer sounds stupid) but if you want some kind of info try the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act(tells you what you can and cant do to your car so you dont void your warranty) but I will say that if you are worried about the whole warranty thing then i wouldn't bother modifying your car for that reason especially since you got an extended warranty.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My dealership said that if the aftermarket part was "believed" to cause the issue then they wouldn't warranty it. However, I noticed you mentioned wheels and that shouldn't void anything... a suspension or CAI is something they can put up more of a fuss over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts