9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 9th gen'ers. First post. I look forward to interacting with you folks and possibly buying a 9th gen Civic Si sedan. One small problem is that i barely fit in the Si sedan due to the moonroof. LX models have enough head room for me. So my question is are there any moonroof plugs available for the Civic?

·
Baned
8,538 Posts
Moonroof plugs? None that I have heard of. Your "problem" seems backwards to me. I have the Si which gives me more headroom because I can lean slightly to the right and poke my head up above the headliner but below the glass of the moonroof. If that makes any sense. I would think that I would have less headroom if the roof were flat and didn't have a big hole in it. In any event, good luck in your quest for knowledge and a welcome to 9thgen if you buy one!

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Moonroof plugs? None that I have heard of. Your "problem" seems backwards to me. I have the Si which gives me more headroom because I can lean slightly to the right and poke my head up above the headliner but below the glass of the moonroof. If that makes any sense. I would think that I would have less headroom if the roof were flat and didn't have a big hole in it. In any event, good luck in your quest for knowledge and a welcome to 9thgen if you buy one!
That makes sense to me^^^Im 6 ft 3.The actual headliner in the SI, Ex,EXL moonroof models are a bit lower than non moonroof models.But a Piece of carbonfiber cut to fit would look cool.Oh and welcome to the 9th.I have my seat cranked all the way down then reclined back so the headrest is behind the door pillar.Thank god for my long MONKY arms

·
Registered
610 Posts
IF/WHEN you buy a 9th gen civic Si and you want the extra headroom (yes, a sunroof/moonroof does reduce headroom), you will have to cut off a roof and remove/reuse the headliner off of a non-sunroof/moonroof car and graft it onto your Si. Good luck and enjoy this forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You're kidding, right? Drive with my head tilted to the right? LOL

Moonroof equipped models have an inch and a half less headroom

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've not looked at it (because it's not an issue for me at 6'1"), but I'm sure it'd be a lot cheaper to mod the seat rail to go lower than to hack the crap out of a new car. If there's any clearance down there, a shop should be able to cut 1" out of the rear rail mount and weld it back together.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Back in the 90's, what we do is install del sol seat into a civic to increase headroom (straight bolt on)

Usually, a Honda sports car will have a lower seat rail than a sedan or coupe

Instead of mod the stock seat, maybe check out seats from crz, it might bolt on and it might seat lower

But if u can't find a Honda replacement, then just Mount the buddy club seat rail to the stock seat

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
It's cheaper to buy buddy club super low down seat rail and modify your stock seat (if u don't want aftermarket seat)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Where ?? which one exactly ? do you have to modify everything in the car ? infos ! Tell me oh Team 3d ! tell me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Team3d, please tell me more about the Buddy Club seat rail.

ZeroTX, how is installing a moonroof plug with LX roof liner a hack job? Do you know what you're talking about? Or are you commenting with absolutely no idea?

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
seat rail is about $140 each, buddy club do offer application for 9th gen civic (straight bolt on, no mod), however, these seat rail are design to bolt on to an aftermarket bucket/recline seats.... if you want to bolt on to your stock seat, mounting modification is require...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
when you install the buddy club seat rails + racing bucket seat, it will feel like your sitting on the floor, it's very low...

the reason buddy club design their set rail extra low (bc offer 3 settings) is for helmet clearance...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
personally, i will suggest buy 1 sparco r100 recline seat ($260~330 each) + buddy club seat rail ($140 each) & call it a day......

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
How tall are you? There's a similar thread with a bunch of guys around low to mid 6 feet and they don't have an issue. Unless you're sitting super straight with your ass all the way at the back of the seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
personally, i will suggest buy 1 sparco r100 recline seat ($260~330 each) + buddy club seat rail ($140 each) & call it a day......

Phenomenal idea! I didn't realize Sparco seats were so inexpensive. Last time i checked was probably 10 years ago when i was "in the scene" and i remember them being well over $1000. Maybe prices were forced down due to no-name brands?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How tall are you? There's a similar thread with a bunch of guys around low to mid 6 feet and they don't have an issue. Unless you're sitting super straight with your ass all the way at the back of the seat.
I sit with (somewhat) proper posture. No gangster lean in my rides.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Phenomenal idea! I didn't realize Sparco seats were so inexpensive. Last time i checked was probably 10 years ago when i was "in the scene" and i remember them being well over $1000. Maybe prices were forced down due to no-name brands?
lol, your actually right on the money, eBay racing seat force sparco to lower their price, if u need the rails later, you can pm me, I don't stock them, but I can pick them up for members.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts