9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a moonroof visor...very easy to do..and makes a big difference..now I can have the roof open on the freeway..and I saved 47.50 installing myself

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looks good I have it too. Worth it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Of course you can open it on the freeway without a visor..........but it does significantly reduce sound/drag and definately reduces wind coming into the car.......also, now I can crack the back windows at the same time, without that helicopter noise

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree, much quieter/less wind on the highway with the visor, worth every penny!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I usually tilt the moon roof for this scenario but you get a helicopter sound? Maybe it's different for the coupe -shrugs-. I like the visor on the sedan but it seems a tad high for the coupe. Low profile visor should be made? lols

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed a moonroof visor on a day that is cold? The Honda docs say to only do this when the temperature is above 60F. The only reasons I can think of for this would be thermal expansion of the roof compared to the visor, or the effectiveness of the "protective tapes" (stickers) that are used to protect the paint on the inner lip of the hole in the roof.

This seems like a non-issue to me, but is it really that big a deal?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do y'all not have that plastic thing that pops up when the moon roof is open? I'm not a big fan of the visors :/ but that's just me :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
ya we do, thats the problem, it sticks out in the wind and makes all kinds of noise, it's so much quieter with the visor.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What size is the visor? I've been looking to order one, but can't find the measurement anywhere, I have a 15 si sedan
Here are some options for you if you haven't done your research yet:

College Hills Honda

Moonroof Visor - 08R01-TR0-101 - College Hills Honda

Weathertech

2015 Honda Civic | WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Rain Deflector | WeatherTech.com

AutoAnything

AutoAnything | Vent Visors, Rain Guards, Wind, Sunroof & Bug Deflector

There should be more out there but you could start with these.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Crap. I can't blame someone who didn't research but who didn't create a new thread and bumped a 3.5 year old thread instead!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
that took some time!

what i've found...is most of the moonroof visors for the hondas are interchangeable. the one from my parents '12 accord fit a CRV. the visor from my 2008 civic fit my '14 (i quit buying these as they scratch the paint)...

just a bit of useless information for anyone else who may be interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts