9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can probably do like 300-ish on stock internals. Maybe even close to 400, but I would start praying if things are good after 300hp. You can definitely do 500 with built internals.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm sitting at over 360WHP with a full race turbo kit, stock block and transmission, no issues.

First problem on a Si is 4th gear at my power level, planning on gears this winter. Next is non-return fuel system at around 430 WHP. Believe after 450 WHP your risking things without rods and pistons, that's my safe recommendation. Get past all these items, seems like 700 is a good goal, but not sure if they were closed deck or not. Either way, well over 500 WHP. Common for super charged cars to make 400 after parisitic loss (meaning crank made 400+).

No cams are made for our engine, so plan on head swap and loads of cash if your talking a N/A build.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm sitting at over 360WHP with a full race turbo kit, stock block and transmission, no issues.

First problem on a Si is 4th gear at my power level, planning on gears this winter. Next is non-return fuel system at around 430 WHP. Believe after 450 WHP your risking things without rods and pistons, that's my safe recommendation. Get past all these items, seems like 700 is a good goal, but not sure if they were closed deck or not. Either way, well over 500 WHP. Common for super charged cars to make 400 after parisitic loss (meaning crank made 400+).

No cams are made for our engine, so plan on head swap and loads of cash if your talking a N/A build.
Is it just the 3rd and 4th gear that needs to be replaced when going turbo?

·
Registered
279 Posts
4th gear likes to strip teeth off. They make "kit", I think it's 1-4th and the gears are slightly taller. After the gears, I've read it's held up to at least 700 HP. I have to say, at 360 WHP the gears are way to short, my 0-60 hasn't improved over when I was stock. Rolling start to 60 is a different story.
I've heard of putting a final drive out of a different model Honda, making 1st gear top at near 60 MHP (I don't think this is worth while however).

When I get to work, I will definitely be watching your YouTube videos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for sharing your results - If dont mind me asking, which turbo did you end up with and how much boost did you run

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any one else have a turbo setup and want to share the results?

I'm not interested in any drama as to whos setup is better, just hoping to get an idea of real world results for turbo setups on these engines

Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Borg Warner EFR 7064. 360whp was made at 8 PSI falling to 6 PSI at redline. Bearings broke in on turbo and holds 9PSI to redline now.
I picked the EFR because I wanted to keep the car as quite as I could (internal waste gate), and it has a recirculating blow off valve built into it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Borg Warner EFR 7064. 360whp was made at 8 PSI falling to 6 PSI at redline. Bearings broke in on turbo and holds 9PSI to redline now.
I picked the EFR because I wanted to keep the car as quite as I could (internal waste gate), and it has a recirculating blow off valve built into it.
What?! That's like paying a hot ass stripper to keep her clothes on! I just wanted to say that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
4th gear likes to strip teeth off. They make "kit", I think it's 1-4th and the gears are slightly taller. After the gears, I've read it's held up to at least 700 HP. I have to say, at 360 WHP the gears are way to short, my 0-60 hasn't improved over when I was stock. Rolling start to 60 is a different story.
I've heard of putting a final drive out of a different model Honda, making 1st gear top at near 60 MHP (I don't think this is worth while however).

When I get to work, I will definitely be watching your YouTube videos.
I think that gear kit you're talking about is some kind of drag kit from Gear X.

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
There's a 200+whp thread floating around here somewhere. Search for it and give it a reading then find build threads for members with a lot of horsepower and you might find some good reading. I know there was a guy on here who had 500+whp but then got sick of replacing axles and other suspension parts so he just gave up and I think sold it and hasn't been heard from on here since.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m in boost currently 407 daily, upgrading my 1-4th gear soon by gear x it will hold 650hp all day long, but I’m not turning anything up until I get my blocked css sleeved safest way to go in my opinion for the money spent, my builder Alex said we will be able to get upwards of 800hp with the z7 he’s done a few in south fl, which in my opinion is just bragging numbers no one AND I MEAN NO ONE needs a 800 hp daily HONDA!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got my car dyno'd with a freshly installed MR TVS1900 supercharger kit at the lowest possible boost (11psi). I'm pushing 352whp 290wtq and will be buying new gears or possibly just buying a completely rebuilt transmission. I too am looking at rebuilding my motor to reliably push in the 500whp+ range. I'll keep ya informed when that time has come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts