9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just got my 2012 Civic LX yesterday! 4DR, 5SPD MT and I want to get myself a new shift knob! I like the factory one, but I wanted to test some other ones out and found the Mugen. Has anybody here installed one of them yet? They look like this:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I saw one of these it was made by some old company a few years when fast and furious was big, it was like $100 originally they wanted $30 for it had carbon fiber, but these look nice. I wonder how much they run?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i had one of these in my old EG civic, i loved it, debating getting one for the new SI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have an LX and installed an aftermarket shift knob? I managed to remove the factory one, but noticed that the silver ring on the bottom seems like it should stay put. Problem is, it's not circular but more oval...which means it probably won't hook onto any aftermarket circular ones? Wondering if there's some sort of adapter or anything like that.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That clip works only with the OEM knob, you can either just let it sag or get an aftermarket boot. You could also cut the boot and then somehow fit the excess fabric around the bottom of the knob (maybe with some kind of ring or a zip tie?). I changed the knob in my car, weighted at almost 2lb, shifts much better. I got one from graphixpressions.com It's a bit pricy (110) but it was worth it. It sits extremely low, definite upgrade.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
anyone have access or know where to get..

any mugen RR interior pieces? i mainly just want the shift knob and cant seem to find one anywhere!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Need a fat weighted round shift knob. Any recommendations?

I have beaten the internet to death and the only thing that looks close to what I'm searching for is a Mugen aluminum knob that goes for around 100 and is impossible to find. I've also checked out the ICB knob from Corsport which looks fantastic and only 40 bucks, but I can't tell how big it is. I would prefer to keep it as cheap as possible while holding on to quality. If I spend to much I won't have enough left in the budget for my p2r spacer. TY

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have you checked out the flossy shift knobs.. They look pretty sick and are customizable..I know they have a couple threads on here but not sure if they are a sponsor too

·
Registered
302 Posts
+1 on the flossy ones.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Any idea on the diameter of the flossy ones? Can't tell from the pics and its not in the description. Those are some pricey little things but it would be worth it if they are larger than stock.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From a pic of someone holding it in their hand it doesn't look very big, but it is very heavy. I may just be outa luck. Wanted something for a bear paw, stock is so small that I basically just use my thumb and two fingers on it.

EDIT: Decided to go with the ICB round knob. Looks quality from a good company, heavy, round, sits low and 40 bucks. Wish it was a little bigger but you can't always have your cake and eat it to.

Now I just gotta wait and see if there will be any 4th sales before I purchase with my spacer. Common Corsport bring the 5% off back!!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
MUGEN 6 Speed Shift Knob!

Sorry it took me sooo long to upload all this! Here it is tho! As requested :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dangg!! Looks good! Where and how much did you get that knob for? Also...where'd you get those mats? Those are pretty badass!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Are those the mats off eBay? How is the fit?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Dangg!! Looks good! Where and how much did you get that knob for? Also...where'd you get those mats? Those are pretty badass!
Mats came with the car, they are part of the Honda Performance Package. They are 100% perfect fit obviously :) You can get them off CHH (College Hills Honda) for $230 if you want to buy them alone.

I bought from a friend of mine who was able to snatch some from a 2007 manufacturing plant in Tokyo :)
He is selling them on ebay for only $90. You can tell its legit too, has the badges, even the instructions are in Japanese :)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mugen-Carbon-Fiber-6-Speed-Shift-Knob/251129178143?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=33703&cmd=ViewItem

He only has 3 left hahah

Are those the mats off eBay? How is the fit?
Please read above :)

really really good looking. I wish I felt ok spending that much on the shift knob because I'm really in love with it.
Thanks Skrub! Means a lot :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice, man! Entire interior looks sweeet w/out going overboard!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Looks like i won't be the only one with this knob after all! LOL!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts