9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the kplayground mugen spoiler for my 2013 civic and needed help on installing it, anybody have a walk through on how to install?

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
1. Drill holes.
2. Pray you put them in the right place.
3. Screw on spoiler.
4. Drive really fast screaming "Because racecar!"

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just purchased the kplayground mugen spoiler
That would be a "Mugen style" spoiler. There is only one authorized distributor of Mugen parts in North America and that is King Motorsports.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
On a more serious note, didn't it come with a template? If not, get a length of butcher-block-type paper, lay some out flat, put some paint on the bottoms of the bolts, and place it on the paper so that all the bolts leave clear paint marks on the paper. Wipe the paint off the bolts. Allow the paint on the paper to dry.

Place the butcher block paper on your trunk lid, and line it up so that each set of holes is in the proper place. Use a ruler and measure to the sides and rear edge of the trunk lid. Tape the paper down in a few spots so it doesn't move.

Drill away.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Should I paint it first before installing?
Unless you plan on spending time masking the trunk, tail lights, back window, rear fenders, and anything else that may be hit with overspray, I'd go with the paint first option.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
What he said.^

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fit the wing 1st, so you don't have to worry about scratching,chipping it. Then take it off, paint it and re-install !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts