9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So I've been doing an enormous amount of research and haven't found a thread yet that is dedicated to aftermarket wings/spoilers that fit the factory trunk holes on 9th gen Si's. I have a 2015 sedan and I don't really like the stock spoiler. So I tried ordering a mugen wing but it required drilling holes into the trunk. Sold it immediately. I'm not about drilling holes into my pride and joy.

My question: Can anyone link me to the mugen wing that fits the factory trunk holes? The one I'm particularly interested in is the one that looks dead on like a true mugen wing with a flat center piece. They sent me one that looks like the ugly TRM style pro civic wing (no offense to them) with bumps on the under side of the center piece. Cannot stand the way that looks. I've also read that the mugen wing with the arched center piece wobbles and shakes at speeds over 40 mph. Not really interested in that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any/all people I message on instagram with pictures of the spoiler I want on their Si's cannot remember where they bought it, which I can't wrap my head around. Somebody's gotta know where to buy this thing.

Now I'm seeking the community's advice. Can anybody help me out?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Even worse, the aftermarket wings don't have a third brake light on them..... dangerous. I won't put anything on my car that disables functionality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on installing that JDM triangle brake light on the bottom. No loss of functionality there, at least I don't think. K playground sells a mugen wing with a 3rd brake light but that requires drilling as well.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Cool, do you have a link for the triangle light? I'd be interested in that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently my account is inferior and I'm not allowed to post links. Makes sense. But just look up "F1 style brake light" on ebay. It's like $7.99 or something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know people are into this FAKE Mugen spoiler thing but I don't find it to look good on the 9th gen. There are a few other OEM optional spoilers available but I'm not sure if they match the same holes or what.

https://www.handa-accessories.com/civext13.html

They say "not for Si" but I'm not sure why unless the holes are different..but who knows.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,483 Posts
Apparently my account is inferior and I'm not allowed to post links. Makes sense. But just look up "F1 style brake light" on ebay. It's like $7.99 or something.
Your account is not 'inferior.' Due to the large amount of spam we (used to) get, newish members cannot post live links. You will be able to include them once your post count rises.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was a joke, Scotty. I understand how forums work lol. But in regard to the fake wings, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've seen a ton of instagram users who have the one that looks real but every time I ask them where they got it they can't seem to remember. Sigh. The hunt continues.

Reactions: DankyBear

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was a joke, Scotty. I understand how forums work lol. But in regard to the fake wings, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've seen a ton of instagram users who have the one that looks real but every time I ask them where they got it they can't seem to remember. Sigh. The hunt continues.
welp forward four years and you’ll have me scrambling the forums with the exact same question. Any updates on that research of yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts