9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hondata ReFlash and Baseline Dyno Results

Okay, So I have the Dyno results from my Baseline and Hondata ReFlash Dyno Below. Click on photos to enlarge.

Baseline Stock Dyno: My best run was 177.8whp and 150.8 ft-lbs torque

CameraZOOM-20120229185942754.jpg

Hondata ReFlash Dyno: My best run was 179.8whp and 150.8 ft-lbs torque. (The chart I printed shows 178.5whp and 150.8 ft-lbs torque and it has the comparison of my stock dyno)

Dyno 1.jpg

The car sounded good, It went up to 7600k RPM's and I love how it handles and feels. But I must say I'm disappointed to only gain 2whp and torque was the same. I don't know what to say. But there it is.

****UPDATE 3/22/12****

Hondata hasn't contracted me directly since running tests, But they updated the results for the ReFlash. Below is the link.

http://hondata.com/reflash_civicsi_2012.html

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for the results.. any changes in atmospheric conditions on each day of the respective dyno runs?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same amount of gas and everything was pretty much the same. Only difference is it 61 degrees today and was 40 degrees on my baseline test. From the Hondata site I wasn't really expecting 20whp gain but I thought 10whp would be possible.

My car runs great and feels faster. But yeah, I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i'll say refund!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had the same amount of gas and everything was pretty much the same. Only difference is it 61 degrees today and was 40 degrees on my baseline test. From the Hondata site I wasn't really expecting 20whp gain but I thought 10whp would be possible.

My car runs great and feels faster. But yeah, I don't know what to think.

Well, 20 degrees difference and a change on the barometer can be a big difference. You'll make more power in cooler, more dense air with less moisture in it. In order to get what I would call "Proper" results, I feel like you would need to do A&B comparison with a stock ecu on the same day, in the same conditions, on the same dyno.

·
Registered
296 Posts
wtf something went wrong for sure ! they claim 20whp, but only 2 gained?

·
Registered
471 Posts
interesting... only 2 hp gain when they claim 20...someone let hondata know this

·
Registered
348 Posts
Think high altitude and reflash was for lower altitude?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Wow, I'm not sure what to say Utah.....when compared to being stock, does the car feel like it gained 10-20whp? I am wondering if the dyno calibrations had something to do with the results...

Hondata is a reputable company with a lot to lose by advertising BS. I suggest contacting them through there own forum with the dyno sheets as a reference and see if they can shed any light as to why the gains were minimal. Hondata • Index page

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there a Hondata Vendor on here? Do I talk to Corsport? Do I just deal with it? Lol

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Think high altitude and reflash was for lower altitude?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
Well they are based in Southern California so it's a lot lower than here in Ogden, UT. But like I said, I wasn't expecting 20+ whp but I was expecting 10whp increase.

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The vendors are either going to direct you to Hondata or just play middle man going back and forth with questions and answers. Post up in Hondata's forum, they always respond. Link is in my last post, have your ecu part number and vin ready.

Does it feel like it gained more than 2whp? do you think the dyno is accurate?

From HD website

• 20 Peak HP gain depending on the dyno and modifications
  • 5-15 ft lb torque across the rev range
  • Rev limiter raised to 7600 rpm.
  • Improved throttle response
  • Speed limiter removed
  • VTEC point is unchanged

FYI- Hondata tests on a dynapack that reads about 8% higher than a dynojet. Also Hondata doesn't specifically state that the car is not modded....hmmm.

Reactions: americium

·
Registered
980 Posts
Definitely feels faster but maybe its just a more responsive throttle and not necessarily faster? Or the increased redline seems to make it seem faster? I don't know what to think either.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
what /; i thought itll have better gains then that

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Dyno is accurate. The guy who tubs the shop was surprised and didn't know what to think. We compared the baseline and reflash results and he saw some improvements but nothing worth saying wow.

I posted a similar thread on the Hondata Forum so we'll see what they say.

I know that there is a Hondata Rep on the "other" site so I don't know if someone can post this over there? Has anyone else done both dynos or know someone who has?

Sent from my LG-P999

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yours are the first real world back to back dyno test results I have seen.

It will be interesting what they respond with, and I bet you get their attention with that posting on their forum.
Yeah, All I wanted to do was provide REAL world results. I'm just a Honda Enthusiasts like you guys and girls.

I'm not saying Hondata is lying or trying to rip anyone off. But how do you explain practically identical results? Same dyno, same tuner and practically same conditions.

Sent from my LG-P999

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah, All I wanted to do was provide REAL world results. I'm just a Honda Enthusiasts like you guys and girls.

I'm not saying Hondata is lying or trying to rip anyone off. But how do you explain practically identical results? Same dyno, same tuner and practically same conditions.

Sent from my LG-P999
I'm really curious to see what they say too... This is really upsetting though since i was so hyped to get this reflash and be running with more horsepower.

Reactions: Thrasher
1 - 20 of 436 Posts