9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have 130,000 miles but ive had to change my though out bearing 3 times. Does anybody have an idea or a fix for this issue?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I only have 130,000 miles but ive had to change my though out bearing 3 times. Does anybody have an idea or a fix for this issue?
seizing the bearing? what does that mean, describe in detail or post a photo.

2 causes of premature throughout bearing failure (other than substandard part)
bearing seizing to the transmission snout: caused by using the wrong grease
bearing seizing, balls and races: caused by constant pressure on the clutch pedal, when not changing gears

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Or you could just deal with it and watch how you take off and not worry about it much . It'll squeal like a pig every now and then but who cares. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
925 Posts
My guess is your clutch Pedal Freeplay is misadjusted and the bearing is always in contact with the pressure plate.

Marko!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the car used it had 35,500 on her and she made that noise a lilttle then my alt went out and destroyed my batt so i thought it was still under warranty cause back in the day it was 6 years or sixty thousand but not now anyways powertrain was still and they replaced it and then 35 thousand later same crap. So i bought a whole new clutch kit from rock auto and she is fine now but im sure it will do it again. I've heard some shit in the trans isn't aligned right but people always talk shit on the best cars in the world HONDA! thank u for all your responses i will check the free play and use different grease thanks

·
Registered
925 Posts
There are dowel pins that make sure the engine and transmission are aligned. If they aren't there, shit will happen...

Marko!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive been wrenching for 20yrs and driving hondas since 89" I've never come across this issue before but i also should add that i also striped the splines on my last clutch plate lol To much fun on the highway i would take a picm ti show but i dont know how to post pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts