9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
57329t_1.jpg Hey guys, here is my simple build so far for my fun daily driver!

2.4L K24Z7 (Naturally Aspirated)
K&N SRI ($450CAD)
RV6 2.5" Catless Downpipe ($475CAD)
Invidia Q300 Catback ($780CAD)
Flashpro + Vitviper Tune ($965CAD)
Vittune ($400USD)
Dyno Sheet: [email protected] - [email protected] on 91 Octane fuel
Hasport u62a Street rear motor mount ($135USD)
Megan Racing front strut tower bar ($144CAD)
SiriMoto Braided Stainless Steel Clutch Line ($80CAD)
CDV delete

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Looks like a pretty solid start. Do you have any suspension mods planned?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Megan Racing front strut bar installed and I have 20mm H&R TREK spacers going on in the summer. Besides that, I am keeping it stock as it rides good. I don`t want the headaches that come down the road with modding suspension. That and the weather here in Ottawa is trash so f*ck that haha...

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a pretty nice list of mods! Any plans for a short shifter or aftermarket wheels for summer?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a pretty nice list of mods! Any plans for a short shifter or aftermarket wheels for summer?
I have thought of aftermarket short shifter, the acuity one that is, but the price is a bit crazy still... I love the stock shifter after the clutch delay valve removal and SS clutch line.
As for wheels, I don`t mind the stock wheels, I got nice meaty tires for it this summer and spacers to widen them out for a nicer stance, all while keeping the stock look.
Cops here have a real hard on for lowered civics so I ain`t touching much aesthetically.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have thought of aftermarket short shifter, the acuity one that is, but the price is a bit crazy still... I love the stock shifter after the clutch delay valve removal and SS clutch line.
As for wheels, I don`t mind the stock wheels, I got nice meaty tires for it this summer and spacers to widen them out for a nicer stance, all while keeping the stock look.
Cops here have a real hard on for lowered civics so I ain`t touching much aesthetically.
Sirimoto Krispy shift kit with some shifter cable bushings are one of my favorite mods, pretty budget friendly.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
IDK if I wanna do this mod... It seemed like a bit of a pain to get in there... and shaving the mold a bit too? I already like the way it shifts... So IDK.
I second the krispy shift kit. I hated the throw from 1st to 2nd it felt like an eternity. I also do a trans flush with redline since my fluid was old and almost black. Night and day difference in how it feels and performs especially the throw from 1st to 2nd

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I second the krispy shift kit. I hated the throw from 1st to 2nd it felt like an eternity. I also do a trans flush with redline since my fluid was old and almost black. Night and day difference in how it feels and performs especially the throw from 1st to 2nd
Hmm I`ll have to do some convincing of myself lol... Was it really difficult to complete this mod? I hate it when things are hard to put back into place. Also I don`t wanna risk breaking clips and stuff, I can be clumsy at times.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It's not too hard to do, it's kind of tedious, and I managed to cut my hands up pretty good, but not bad at all. This in combination with a weighted knob is night and day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not too hard to do, it's kind of tedious, and I managed to cut my hands up pretty good, but not bad at all. This in combination with a weighted knob is night and day.
I really like the stock throw, Honda has always been known for making amazing shifters stock... Everyone who drives my car agrees it`s butter smooth... I did the CVD delete and I think I will leave it at that. I`m not one for messing with stock components when they work 100%. That and the krispy kit costs upwards of $115 CAD... No thanks, if you guys have any other ideas for mods I`m all ears!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just start with the shift linkage bushings, honestly the shifter is really good from the factory. Coming from B siries to K it's a night and day difference in feel. I installed an acuity short shifter and hated it so bad I took it off the same day. If you are experienced driving a manual trans it's not worth the "stiffness" people seem to like. The bushings made the throws nice and crisp, that I enjoyed alot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just start with the shift linkage bushings, honestly the shifter is really good from the factory. Coming from B siries to K it's a night and day difference in feel. I installed an acuity short shifter and hated it so bad I took it off the same day. If you are experienced driving a manual trans it's not worth the "stiffness" people seem to like. The bushings made the throws nice and crisp, that I enjoyed alot.
Shift linkage pushings are the 4 bushings holding the entire shift assembly in place or? What brand would you recommend?
I have to agree, the stock shift is so smooth I don`t really want the super stiff "short" shifts, also don't want problems 5-10 years down the road.. It is my daily after all... Just with a bit more OUMPFF!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Without doing forced induction the only thing left to do for "oumpff" is an intake manifold.... or nitrous.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Without doing forced induction the only thing left to do for "oumpff" is an intake manifold.... or nitrous.
Yup, I thought about RBC swap but I really don't wanna spend the dosh at this point. I'm pretty satisfied where it's at in regards to power/fun. I plan on buying a house in the next few years so I will be saving up for that... And an R6 for reaaaal fun! :D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yup, I thought about RBC swap but I really don't wanna spend the dosh at this point. I'm pretty satisfied where it's at in regards to power/fun. I plan on buying a house in the next few years so I will be saving up for that... And an R6 for reaaaal fun! :D
Yea i've got to get the downpipe next, then rbc and I'll be done for a while. At least with the motor. I'm itching for some coilovers too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shift linkage pushings are the 4 bushings holding the entire shift assembly in place or? What brand would you recommend?
I have to agree, the stock shift is so smooth I don`t really want the super stiff "short" shifts, also don't want problems 5-10 years down the road.. It is my daily after all... Just with a bit more OUMPFF!
I went with the acuity, but was talking about the two at the shift linkage. The other ones with the four bolts is a joke:eusa_clap: they do nothing but bolt shifter assembly to the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts