9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some mild work done to my LX Civic every here and there. Just small things.

First thing I did that was kinda major was have an 18" Cherry bomb glass pack put in instead of the stock muffler. Gave a decent sound increase and slightly quality. About $70 total (cost of the cherry bomb and labor to install)

Another thing was that I replaced the stock high beam bulbs with some mid grade auxbeam LED bulbs. Cost about $30 for both bulbs but I ended up needing a canbus to stop DRL error codes. That was another $20. Not bad at all.

Went to the local Walmart and bought a can of spray tint and DIYed some tinted taillights. The one can cost about $14 I think and a few hours of my time.

Had my resonator taken off and made into a straight section of pipe. $60 at my local ******* car shop.

Girlfriend bought me a pretty cool exhaust tip, that was $30-35 I believe. It's a perforated tip so I don't get as much of a raspy exhaust tone.

Girlfriend also bought me some nice (ish) red and black seat covers.

I'm too broke to buy myself a nice set of rims so I replaced the stock crappy rim covers with some that's matte black from AutoZone (was very impulsive honestly). Cost about $40 for a nice strong plastic rim cover.

That's just about everything I've done to my civic so far. The exhaust stuff I realized I could've definitely done it myself, but I'm trying to have everything stay together and be a clean Civic. I really want to do so much more with it but my funds need to be distributed else where sadly.

My future plans with this car are to get rid of/wrap all of the exterior chrome with some vinyl carbon fiber. I want to get some rain guards/window visors. Like #1 priority with this car is rims but probably won't happen for a long time. Completely tint out my windows with 5% except for the front windshield. Add a front lip and a rear diffuser. Eventually get a spoiler installed. Maybe some universal/eBay generic side skirts. Later down the road, add a cold air intake.

Some random pictures and stuff of said car.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Wheel

Can't seem to upload the couple exhaust videos I have, so if you guys want to hear it just let me know. I'll probably post them to YouTube or something along those lines.

Thank you and enjoy :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Not a bad start, definitely needs a drop

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
47 Posts
Clean looking sedan.
Not sure if you have any interest, but I've got a Spyder LED JDM fog-light kit that's been opened and never used.
I'd be willing to give them away if someone pays shipping, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a bad start, definitely needs a drop
I'll be honest, I'm a little worried about doing that. I live on a dirt road and my girlfriend lives on an even worse dirt road. I may or may not drive like a rally driver on those roads (exaggeration but still a good idea). I do want to get it bagged but that's wayy too much for me.

Thanks for the comment :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clean looking sedan.
Not sure if you have any interest, but I've got a Spyder LED JDM fog-light kit that's been opened and never used.
I'd be willing to give them away if someone pays shipping, lol.
I am very interested now that you've brought that up!! I'm not sure how to go about this but I am very willing to pay shipping, unless it costs more than the product itself lol

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I am very interested now that you've brought that up!! I'm not sure how to go about this but I am very willing to pay shipping, unless it costs more than the product itself lol
Shoot him a DM. Installing those foglights is a bit of work(like an afternoon) but the results are well worth it.

Living on a dirt road doesn't mean you can't lower the car a bit, but it does keep you from outright slamming it. Drop it about an inch and call it a day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoot him a DM. Installing those foglights is a bit of work(like an afternoon) but the results are well worth it.

Living on a dirt road doesn't mean you can't lower the car a bit, but it does keep you from outright slamming it. Drop it about an inch and call it a day.
Oh, okay. That's a good plan. I'll head over to the suspension area of these forums and check out what's best for different price points. I appreciate the insight

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
47 Posts
I would like to look into dropping mine soon too.
I am a little scared of dropping more than about an inch because of Michigan pot holes.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I would like to look into dropping mine soon too.
I am a little scared of dropping more than about an inch because of Michigan pot holes.
It's pretty easy to adjust your driving habits to compensate. Dallas isn't super great either. Oil pans on these cars are pretty well tucked up there.

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
47 Posts
It's pretty easy to adjust your driving habits to compensate. Dallas isn't super great either. Oil pans on these cars are pretty well tucked up there.
I know Texas is bad too.
I'll share a short story, exiting I-75 to I-94 to return a rental Mazda 3 one time. I found a pot hole on an overpass, completely unavoidable, and big enough that I had to close the glove box and re-attach the bumper on the rental after hitting it :|

And in cities here we like to lay asphalt over asphalt over 100+ year old streetcar tracks... And we also salt those same roads. And then wonder why they need to be redone after every. single. winter. lol.

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
47 Posts
They get several inches deep over there too? I'm in North Western Pennsylvania. Some of ours are actual craters
Lol yep, the one I found in that rental Mazda was like a negative jack, lol. Swallowed a whole tire and I wouldn't be surprised if it had an oil pan leak after that.
One spring my dad circled the pot hole at the mouth of his driveway with neon spray paint because he got tired of people with broken axels and missing wheels preventing him from leaving.

Gotta love that lake/ocean effect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol yep, the one I found in that rental Mazda was like a negative jack, lol. Swallowed a whole tire and I wouldn't be surprised if it had an oil pan leak after that.
One spring my dad circled the pot hole at the mouth of his driveway with neon spray paint because he got tired of people with broken axels and missing wheels preventing him from leaving.

Gotta love that lake/ocean effect.
Holy crap dude. Do you guys have plenty of Amish as well or? Because I feel like the dirt roads where they ride on get really really bad

·
Registered
Supercharged 2014 Fb6
47 Posts
Holy crap dude. Do you guys have plenty of Amish as well or? Because I feel like the dirt roads where they ride on get really really bad
We have some areas with large Amish populations. I, however, am not at all familiar with them.
Dirt roads do not last a winter though. The snap between sloshy mud and deep freeze is too fast and too frequent for them to last.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have some areas with large Amish populations. I, however, am not at all familiar with them.
Dirt roads do not last a winter though. The snap between sloshy mud and deep freeze is too fast and too frequent for them to last.
The run down of the Amish is:

Horse hooves start pot holes
Buggy/carriage wheels cause more holes
Then cars go over and make holes even worse.

Yeah that's pretty true with the freezing over here in NW Pennsylvania

1 - 15 of 15 Posts