9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My biggest problem is the iPod/usb connection. Every time I use my iPod I have noticed that you cannot control the music through the iPod, only through the imid screen. This is a PITA because I have over 3000 songs on my iPod and scrolling through 3000 songs would take over 30 mins, lol. Does anybody know if it's possible to be able to control the music through the iPod instead of the imid?

·
Registered
107 Posts
i feel the same, i usually make playists and put in on shuffle, or just unplug it select the song then plug it back in. sorry if this wasnt very helpful but ive just been doing this and im living lol

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I've been doing too but it's just a pain. Making the playlists is helping a little though

·
Registered
94 Posts
My biggest problem is the iPod/usb connection. Every time I use my iPod I have noticed that you cannot control the music through the iPod, only through the imid screen. This is a PITA because I have over 3000 songs on my iPod and scrolling through 3000 songs would take over 30 mins, lol. Does anybody know if it's possible to be able to control the music through the iPod instead of the imid?

Have you heard of an AUX cord? Lol.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Although I haven't got my Civic yet I only used the USB once in my Fit, if you think it's bad one the iMid try it with a single line display! If you want control on the iPod/iPhone you have to use the AUX jack instead. I'm going to the USB connection when I get the Civic but if it doesn't work out I will go back to the AUX in.

Anyone know if Podcast show up in the iMid, if they do I'm golden!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only negative about using the aux is that it eliminates the imid system showing what's playing and what not. I guess I just gotta pick one and deal with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah just make playlists it will make your life so much easier or just scroll through artists.
My problem with this system is that the list it gives me to scroll through is every single album folder instead of giving me a choice between song, artist, etc.

Please tell me there's some way to do this. PLEASE. o.o
I'm using a Sony Walkman MP3 player

·
Registered
120 Posts
Although I haven't got my Civic yet I only used the USB once in my Fit, if you think it's bad one the iMid try it with a single line display! If you want control on the iPod/iPhone you have to use the AUX jack instead. I'm going to the USB connection when I get the Civic but if it doesn't work out I will go back to the AUX in.

Anyone know if Podcast show up in the iMid, if they do I'm golden!
From my Touch Podcast folder shows up but not all the podcasts. It was odd only the Jefferson Hour files were listed. I have to try it again.

Edit 10/21/2011 - Looked today the Podcast folder cannot be found. The Podcasts are under Albums.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they should definitely make a search bar so we can just type in a few letters and find everything we need

1 - 13 of 13 Posts