9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a couple quick pics of my si coupe after i wased it today sooooooo stoaked for summer so i can acctually get a photo shoot goin!!
015.jpg 009.jpg 011.jpg 020.jpg 016.jpg 018.jpg

so far ive installed:

the HFP lip kit
17x8 +35 enkei rpm2's with 235/40/17 on them
yellow overlays on the fogs
yellow highbeams
jdm emblems

i have the eibach prokit on preorder so i hope to get them soon and its going in for tint very soon!! thanks for looking guys and girls!!
will have better pics as soon as i can leave my drive way without being covered in mud and sand again lol

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
looks fuccin awesome! :woowoo:

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Nice. Looks good in that color.

·
2,264 Posts

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!! i got the emblems from nextmod i live near toronto so i can go to their store and pic up all my parts from them they are great in there!!!

·
2,264 Posts
looks nice! 9thgencivic FTW

·
Registered
641 Posts
I really like the red emblems on the blue! It makes it really stand out! Car looks great!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm jealous. It was SO hard to find a Dyno Blue Pearl Si around here not just once, but twice (the first one got totaled by another driver, sadly).

But it's even worse trying to find one with navi. Not one dealership in the area (and there are 5-6) has had ONE.

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I actually got it already.

I was fortunate enough to catch a dealer in Rochester (about 1.5 hours away) that had one coming off the truck. Timing was impeccable. It was Dyno Blue Pearl II, same as my old one, and I even got a better deal on it. Hard to argue that.

Car accidents suck, but I was in a brand new car 3 weeks later. The exact same car :).

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea no problem i got a sheet of overlay about 1 foot square from nextmod it was only like $10 bucks

step 1. if you look at the black fog light suround you will see 2 philips head screws that are holding the assembly in take those screws out and then it is also clipped in there so i had to get a flat head screwdriver and very carfully try to get in behind and un clip it. then un plug the bulb and the hole thing is all yours..

step 2. then i took both oof the assemblys inside and if you look at the back there is 2 more screws holding the light itself onto the black surround i took those off then you just have the light part.... im not sure if it is important or not but i made sure to remember what light came from what housing

step 3. then i cleaned the lense with some alcohol cleaner took a blow dryer and blew it dry.... i then cut a piece of the overlay off enought to hang over the edges.. i had a squeegy i got from a hardware store and i started from the top of the light and slowly worked my way down.. i found with the mactac overlay i was using that i could pull it back up if i got a little air bubble. i messed up a couple of times so it was a good thing i got extra material lol

then i just put it all back together and thats it all in all it took me maybe an hour prob less!!

oh and i have had them on since november and havent had ANY melting problems or any problems at all and it looks great!!

hope that helps! if you have any more questions let me know ill do my best to help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Damn those red emblems look awesome on the DBP! Just placed an order for them this morning, even more pumped to get them after seeing them here!

Awesome ride, and I feel your pain on the photoshoot, every time I get my car clean enough to take a picture it has to up and snow the next day...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks man! yea i know its a pain lol i wish summer would jus go into full swing!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts