9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Will be here tonight! Haha sorry to tease everyone. My SI is at InlinePro in NOVA right now getting the RV6 catted DP installed, then should hit the dyno by about 4:00 ET. I'll have a baseline dyno done before tuning (but after the DP install, sorry, time restraints), then I'll put up the results. In the mean time, I get the pleasure of driving a brand new 2013 Hyundia Elantra. *gag*

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I ended up with 195.2WHP, which was an average of the best 3 runs. Before Hondata, the Injen intake and RV6 DP had me at 183.99. Overall not too bad, the sound is amazing, cant get enough of it, and the car is much more eager from 5500 to red line. My tuner also lowered VTEC to 4700 RPM. The following dyno shows pre-tune (with bolt ons) then post tune.

Dyno.FP.DP.CAI.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Almost to that magic 200!! I'm so jealous!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nice, but uncorrected numbers :(

I think your intake might be hurting your entire powerband (nice smooth power output from it, but i believe less power overall than you could make with a better intake)

I'd like to see some better off the shelf intakes come out for this car tbh.

Definitely a nice power gain though. I'd expect if you made 183 with intake/downpipe on this dyno that bone stock you'd have made around 167-175.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I agree with w00t692. Looks like that CAI is hurting you a bit, and I'm also a injen fan as well but so far all of the intakes that are out for our 9th gens don't impress me 1 bit. Either way, good numbers. An aftermarket exhaust should break that 200 barrier for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I've decided I'm going to hang on to the stock exhaust, I think its efficient enough for what I want. Next steps is going to be IM and like you all said, a better intake set up, then i'm hoping to be ~215.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Slap on a couple stickers and you should pick up that extra five needed to reach 200 muwhaahahaah!!!!!!!!! Oh ok I was joking, nice numbers! I bet you can feel the difference huh?!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 9thcarson

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here's a short little clip of one of the dyno pulls. If anyone is interested I'll try to get some in car and drive by footage, let me know!

WP_20130110_008.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
nice :woowoo: cant wait for in car

·
Registered
288 Posts
good numbers.....awesome improvements...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts