9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum:)
I was lucky enough to find this Civic Hybrid with leather and navigation in Miami, the nice color was extra bonus... traded in my 2009 Civic EX-L with navigation, the new civic rocks! will elaborate if interested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few first impressions...

After about a month of driving I can post some of my first impressions of my new 2012 Civic hybrid, as one who owned 3 previous Civics I found the 2012 Civic to have many improvements over my previous 2009 Civic EXL, some of them are:

-Better road handling
-Less cabin noise
-Smoother steering
-Better AC (cooler air, at least for me)
-Auto headlights
-Bluetooth audio!
-More leg and head room

This is my first hybrid so it came with even more features that I like:

-Climate control that works really well
-defrost for side mirrors
-Several screens that show info about fuel efficiancy
-AutoStop! I love this feature that shut off the engine when the car is stopped
-I get 51 MPG! (I drive city and highway 50 miles per day), as you can see from the picture below I drove 340 miles and the trip computer indicates that I can still drive additional 241 miles, from previous refuels i found out that Average Fuel and Range to be very accurate.

Share your experiences with your 2012 hybrid! I know that other potential buyer are out there looking to hear from other hybrid owners!

·
Registered
681 Posts
After about a month of driving I can post some of my first impressions of my new 2012 Civic hybrid, as one who owned 3 previous Civics I found the 2012 Civic to have many improvements over my previous 2009 Civic EXL, some of them are:

-Better road handling
-Less cabin noise
-Smoother steering
-Better AC (cooler air, at least for me)
-Auto headlights
-Bluetooth audio!
-More leg and head room

This is my first hybrid so it came with even more features that I like:

-Climate control that works really well
-defrost for side mirrors
-Several screens that show info about fuel efficiancy
-AutoStop! I love this feature that shut off the engine when the car is stopped
-I get 51 MPG! (I drive city and highway 50 miles per day), as you can see from the picture below I drove 340 miles and the trip computer indicates that I can still drive additional 241 miles, from previous refuels i found out that Average Fuel and Range to be very accurate.

Share your experiences with your 2012 hybrid! I know that other potential buyer are out there looking to hear from other hybrid owners!
wow! and i was stoked on my 36 mpg :laugh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"wow! and i was stoked on my 36 mpg :laugh: "

LOL I also used to get 36 mpg when I had my 2009 Civic EXL - sometimes even close to 40 mpg...

Prior to buying my 2012 hybrid I read the reviews and was a little disappointed to read that the official average MPG for the new hybrid is 44MPG, I really expected more! However, I quickly discovered that I can get over 50MPG by just following some simple rules:
-Use the ECO button all the time - I don't see a huge performance difference!
-Go easy on the accelerator... some drivers behind you might get upset (doesn’t happened very often) but who cares!
- Watch your ambient light and try to stay in the green zone
-Use the cruise control when possible

I still use the AC when I need to, I live in FL and although it's fall, trust me - you need the AC every once in ahwile.

Honda sales people kept telling me that the IMA (integrated motor assist) is doing just that and its designed to assist the engine, but I found out that sometimes, mostly when I drive between 35-45 mph the electric engine works by itself, which is pretty amazing. I plan to post a video of the car computer screen soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi boazi,
Thanks for the detailed inputs that you have given on 2012 civic hybrid. After driving nearly or more than an year. how do you feel about performance, battery life, mileage. did you face any issues with your vehicle. Cause I would like to buy 2012 civic hybrid. your inputs really help on my research.
Thx,
AndhraBond.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The only Hybrid for Honda in thailand is the CRZ. But since its imported and not made here it costs an impossible $65,000 USD.

Right now I average 36mpg highway/city on my Civic so I'm not complaining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts