9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a brand new 2012 Civic LX manual and I thought that I loved it when I drove it off the lot. However I started to notice some things that just dont seem very right. I noticed that when I turn I can hear a squealing noise whether I turn the car right or left. I brought it to honda and they brought out a new one and the new one did the exact same thing which I couldn't believe. The next thing I noticed is when I first start the car I can hear a trickling noise coming from the passenger side when I step on the gas. It almost sounds like little drops of water. I know that its the heater core and this car is driving me crazy. Every day it makes a new noise that drives me insane. My car only has 450 miles on it and I've already brought it to the dealership twice to let them basically tell me I'm crazy.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Man that sucks. I empathize with you on how some noises are so annoying. I can't stand the rattle in window weather stripping every time I put the window down and have music loud enough to hear clearly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My weather stripping does the exact same thing!!!! Yet another noise that is going to make me push this car off a cliff. But the power steering is the worst it sounds like rubber rubbing against something its a high pitch whining noise you can only hear when you are going slow.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
sorry your having trouble..but wrong forum so i moved it for ya....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I notice that when I have the pedal to the floor, something in the dash vibrates and its annoying. I know its not something stupid like something in the glove compartment/center console. Just wondering if they all do this? 2012 LX coupe

·
Registered
93 Posts
What do you expect for 24k next time buy a mercedes i work in the auto glass industry and sometimes superficial problems are just part of life, if it doesn't effect performance than cosmetically your too picky im sorry i see customers like this once in a blue moon at work, i love my 2012 civic si even if it has a cosmetic hiccup here or there. #just saying

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think you need to read the law in your state and understand the definition of a lemon before you create a thread saying that your civic is a LEMON.

It's unfortunate you are having some issues with your car but it is not a LEMON.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
I agree with the above responses , this issue does not Fall under lemon law. Sounds like you might be kinda nit picky. Civics have been known for being noisy . They are also dependable (for the most part) and have good resale value and low cost to own. Take the bad with the good or trade it on a Kia or Hyundai and see how you do with one of those.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I do disagree with the argument "buy a more expensive car."

My 2006 was a lemon. The only reason I didn't pursue it was because Honda's first move was to petition the case be moved to the jurisdiction I purchased the vehicle - 14 hours away from where I currently live. My attorney said they do this intentionally when they know there's a potential they'll lose the case, as it dissuades all but the most affluent customers from doing it - time off of work, airfare, etc.

My 2010 had some major things that should not have been wrong with a brand new car. My first 2012 Si was the same - though most of the issues I had were just examples of decreased quality on the vehicle (rattles, squealing in the front wheel well, clicking steering columns, etc.)

My new Si has been good...so far. Last Sunday the chrome button on the e-Brake broke off when I was releasing it from park. Not sure how the hell that happened with only 1,200 miles on my car, but it'll get fixed. My glove box is also misaligned but other than that, my only complaints are the road noise, rattles, and scratch-prone interior materials. That, and just a general "feel" of cheapness coming from the steering column at low speeds, especially when moving in slow traffic scenarios. It's choppy and unrefined feeling, even though I know there's nothing wrong with it. Too much feel from the steering column, not enough 'dampening'.

But again, it's a Civic.

My advice to the OP? Don't give up. If you know something's wrong, do whatever it takes to rectify it. Start by demanding a test drive of a vehicle on the lot of the SAME exact spec. If it doesn't do it - your case is proven. I've gotten a significant number of warranty repairs done that way, because Honda is awful when it comes to "replicating" the problems.

Just don't kill yourself - I spent too many wasted hours in my 2006 Si at the dealership over issues that shouldn't have been there, but life's not worth that level of stress.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmm....civics have always been full of road noise just like all the honda models. I think all the manufacturers have gone to cheaper materials in the interior and its causing more rattles.

With that being said, the '12 si is my 9th honda and my ex- wife had 3 when we were together...none of those had problems. No manufacturer is perfect but i strongly believe some people just look too hard.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I don't know guys. This is my first brand new car at 43 years old so I expected it to be funny noise free. All my past used vehicles didn't have strange noises...then again I had more series issues with them. lol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Civics always have little noises. I've had 7th, 8th, now 9th gen and this one so far is the most quiet of them all. Zero mechanical problems out of all of them to. The ticking of the engine is especially normal for almost all import 4 cylinder cars. You should hear my wife's 2007 Corolla, it's 10 times louder than the civic plus 10 times the rattles, but like Honda, it still has zero problems.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My tires squeal when I go too fast while turning. I expect that from the Firestone fuel saving tires. No problem for me. Noise is very subjective. What you find annoying I may not notice..
today I noticed the blower fan was noisy because I had the air conditioning on max and the fan on high. Both were good noises. If you've got a lemon make lemonade.. Sorry your not happy

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
If you hear a gurgling or water sounding noise and it is coming from near the glove box it is because of air in the system most likely. Have that cooling system properly burped before you get too worked up over it. This is not too uncommon at all and an easy fix.

If you are hearing a squealing noise while turning sharp does it almost sound like two surfaces of rubber squeezed together? CV boots. There has been some early issues with the rubber CV boots and you should have them checked to rule it out. If you can get the noise to repeat on demand have a technician listen to it and then suggest he lube the boots and see if it quiets down when trying it again. Some boots have already been replaced on 9th Gen's under warranty.

I do hope you get the bugs worked out because these are really great cars when working properly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That's very strange. I never heard any rattles or unusual noises from my EX. Believe me, I tried pressing the plastic moldings and everything is solid. No noise or movement. These kind of problems are synonymous with GM econoboxes :p

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 338 Posts