9th Gen Civic Forum banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
My seatbelt forces me to flip it over to wind back in. Dam! What a PITA. I may have to look at a Chevy Cruz now...

:barf:

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
my friend's 2012 elantra required a new transmission (automatic) at only 36,000km .... but I guess the elantra's upper dash trim looks better ... :s damn.. wonder which car is best,.. I should see what Consumer Reports has to say on that!
I can't believe they're still having this problem. My 1997 Eleantra had the same transmission problem, twice! After 15 years, they still haven't fix this. Never buy that brand again.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
My seatbelt forces me to flip it over to wind back in. Dam! What a PITA. I may have to look at a Chevy Cruz now...

thaicivic is a big fan, too.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

I've been looking at the Cruze since March of '11. You won't like what you read. Nice looking car. They sell lots of them (about 25K per month). Far more problems with them than Hondas or Mazdas. In addition, there are a lot of dealerships that either can't or won't fix Cruze problems unless you have a TSB from GM. If you like the smell of antifreeze, you'll love the Cruze. The coolant overflow tank is right in front of the cabin air intake.

Also, there seem to be a lot of different software/network related problems that come and go. It's not on all Cruzen, but the issues seem to get reported by quite a few different owners. Chevy even has "Customer Support Reps" that troll the social media to help Cruze owners with service related problems when they are stonewalled by the dealers. I guess you could look at that as a glass half full/empty thing. Nice that Chevy is assisting owners with problems, but why do they need to?

Oh, and those "rattles" you hear when driving; it's likely a loose nut behind the steering wheel :giggle:

·
Registered
976 Posts

Buy it up, then get back to us after on how you like it....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Maybe I should've added the word SARCASM to the original post. Sorry to mislead y'all...I actually love mine and would never consider the competition! '12 Honda Civic Si = happy, happy, happy.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Maybe I should've added the word SARCASM to the original post. Sorry to mislead y'all...I actually love mine and would never consider the competition! '12 Honda Civic Si = happy, happy, happy.
Lol. I'll give ya that one!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
It was.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
My pleasure.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
My apologies. I just didn't want you to make an uninformed choice.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I work at a Toyota dealer and we have 3 used Cruze in stock now! All of em' were customers that shoulda rented a Cruze for a couple of days before the signed for one because they hated the car... ...not that i think a Corolla is better...

Marko!

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
No apologies necessary Jamis, your response was informative and obviously with good intentions. Thanks! Both my wife and I have re-upped with Hondas after a short ownership period on the first round. Our experiences have been nothing but positive. Umm, except for a tint issue which was dealer based. I think Honda should tint windows at the factory prior to assembly adding to the vehicle cost. I, and most people I know, end up getting the tint regardless if it's done by the dealer or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hondas are pretty good cars for the price. It sucks though if any brand new car has those weird sounds and noises. Best luck to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mt Honda is a lemon

I do have a lemon, its a 2012 lx honda civic, I have had it in the shop 7 times for, blue tooth issues, all unresolved. 2 times for manufacturing recalls and this last time for a massive computer failure. I don't believe honda is a very reliable vehicle from my experience. If i had a dodge and had bought their extended warranty, I would have had a new vehicle already; due to there no lemon policy. My Honda Civic had extremely disappointed me .

321 - 338 of 338 Posts