9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rock: i dont have barely any money for something like this. hard place: need wheels because stealies look bad. also i just bought the car and have PERFECT tires so looking for some advice.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just save. It's a new car theres no rush to replace anything. If it was me, I would drive on them until those tires run down and then replace the wheels with some 17s and new tires. You should have the money by then to and be able to comfortably upgrade without any worry.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,522 Posts
^^ agree with BM. That's the way to do it.

If ya wants the goods, ya gots ta have the dosh. Unless you got a sugarmama.

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
Just save. It's a new car theres no rush to replace anything. If it was me, I would drive on them until those tires run down and then replace the wheels with some 17s and new tires. You should have the money by then to and be able to comfortably upgrade without any worry.

Just my 2 cents.
You don't understand the feeling of wanting to get rid of steelies and getting alloy wheels. I was at first going for that path. But being on this website. It's too much. I ended up buying 17" rims, but they are still in the garage. I'm frugal person, so throwing away new tires that came from factory is like putting a knife through my heart. But putting 17" rims on so the car would look the way I wanted right now, is like a really strong itch that I try not to scratch. I know nat3d feels the same way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't understand the feeling of wanting to get rid of steelies and getting alloy wheels. I was at first going for that path. But being on this website. It's too much. I ended up buying 17" rims, but they are still in the garage. I'm frugal person, so throwing away new tires that came from factory is like putting a knife through my heart. But putting 17" rims on so the car would look the way I wanted right now, is like a really strong itch that I try not to scratch. I know nat3d feels the same way.
lmao scione i think if we were to meet up in person we would find that we are much alike

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We are probably just in different places in our lives haha, I think this way now that I have a kid. Back before that though, I'd feel exactly how you do now. Well, its probably to late but you could have worked some wheels into the deal with your car which would have added the price of them to your monthly payment, probably like 6 bucks more or something. Some places will do payments but I'd avoid those, they royally screw ya.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
get 18x10 +20 steelies :D

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
There are merchants that may take your current wheels/ tires in on a trade which will reduce your final cost.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,522 Posts
I like steelies. I'd actually like a set of 16" steelies from an 8th gen to replace my 9th gen 15"ers. Honda DXed our LXs by putting 15s on 'em. :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like steelies. I'd actually like a set of 16" steelies from an 8th gen to replace my 9th gen 15"ers. Honda DXed our LXs by putting 15s on 'em. :p
i may pop the caps off today i dont mind the straight steelies as much as i do the caps. especially in the winter.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I was in that place once when I was building up the Stinger. I settled for a set of widened steel wheels (done by another club member) and painted them to look like Prosche wheels of the era (silver rims with black centers and chrome lug nuts). Never did get the alloys I wanted, spent the money on other mods.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,522 Posts
haha I did that, too, to my first 2 or 3 cars - two Corollas and a Rabbit, although the Rabbit had gold centers instead of black, and actual chrome trim rings.

·
Registered
78 Posts
rock: i dont have barely any money for something like this. hard place: need wheels because stealies look bad. also i just bought the car and have PERFECT tires so looking for some advice.
WOW !
OK, like, I'm going to just go ahead and say this...
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but DUDE - you HAVE a NEW CAR!!! Be thankful you have a new car! Patience bud Patience. Wait - Save up - and get the wheels when you can. This is Not a matter of life and death, and you won't die driving around in steelies for the time being.

There are people a lot worse off than you, who could only Dream of having what you have. Chill man, CHILL !
Sorry if this offends you.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,522 Posts
^^ Exactly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Personal Finance 101: Know the difference between what you want or need.

I know from spending too much $ on cars, wait for a good deal after winter on rims that fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try to find some base model RSX wheels. Theyre 16" so your tires should fit and theyre old enough at this point you should be able to find a deal on a set. Then just throw some H center caps on them. ClubRSX.com would be a good place to start for those.

Cheaper than getting a larger wheel/tire combo and you still get to use your brand new tires. Save up then when they need to be replaced get a larger wheel/tire combo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts