9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI- My Civic is my commuter so it doesn't sit around long. I do live in a wooded area. To make a long story short my Civic lost its fuel and I stopped on the side of the road. Before I knew it half my tank was gone- with no fuel smell inside the car.

I had the vehicle towed to the dealer and the Technician says a rodent damaged the fuel supply hose. Parts and Labor - for starters, will be $775 since the subframe will need to be removed and the tank dropped. My "other than collision" or "comprehensive" insurance policy is covering this loss. :eusa_dance::eusa_clap::eek3dancesmiley::Banane08::cheerleader1::dancingcoolsmiley::wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Just found out my Niece's Tworag had the wiring all chewed up under the hood by rats. She lives in a pretty upscale part of Chicago. No insurance coverage as she forgot to tell them she changed cars on a lease swap, so the VINs didn't match. Fortunately, the ECU wasn't damaged.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Looks like it's time for some underbody rat poison.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a squirrel decide that my focus would make a warm place to stay for the winter. I was on my way to work and had to stop at the gas station. I popped the hood and found two of my plug wires chewed through and hundreds of pine nuts and squirrel shit in the tunnel of the valve cover. Bought new wires and pressure washed the engine and it ran fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts