9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My si originally didn't come with the nice touch screen... If I bought one is it a plug and play? Or not at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I looked into this recently because I was interested in trading my coupe with nav in on a sedan. All of the sedans I found within 200 miles of me were non-nav. So I wanted to see what it took to buy and install the OEM nav system.

It gets very pricey. There are other wiring harnesses you need to switch out. If you go on a Honda OEM parts site like College Hills and look up navigation sys parts for an Si w/ nav, you can see the parts and what they cost. The head unit itself, if I remember correctly, is about $1900. That's new of course. You'd find it cheaper used. There may even be other parts you need that cannot be purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There are multiple harnesses, brackets, a antenna among other things. It will be about 2000 for parts plus labor for a TFT kinda dated unit, going aftermarket you lose alot of features like imid,hands free, factory Bluetooth microphone, plus others. In the summer alpine is coming out with a unit that is 100 percent compatible, I would not waste huge cash on a outdated unit, IMO.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Pretty much unless you find some one selling it used for like 200 its not worth it....an aftermarket head unit will give you more power audio wise, better gps navigation, more features, list goes on and at a way better price. I think the best aftermarket nav money can buy is like 1000 something..and thats like top of the line crazy stuff...300 will get you navi, bluetooth, usb/sd, apps , ipod control you name it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replies! I'll wait until summer. I'm in need of speakers so that's what I'll do until then. I appreciate you all!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
There are multiple harnesses, brackets, a antenna among other things. It will be about 2000 for parts plus labor for a TFT kinda dated unit, going aftermarket you lose alot of features like imid,hands free, factory Bluetooth microphone, plus others. In the summer alpine is coming out with a unit that is 100 percent compatible, I would not waste huge cash on a outdated unit, IMO.

Any specifics on this Alpine unit?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I currently have the navi in my hybrid and it's nice but like others have said the aftermarket models are alot better than Honda's. It's great to know that Alpine is coming out with 100% compatible version so people wouldn't have to go through this wiring harness and extra crap. Might be easy for me to swap out with Alpine when it comes out long as it's reasonably priced.

It's absolutely absurd to pay $2k+ for a Honda Navi! That is highway robbery. Lucky for us we have other options.

·
Registered
46 Posts
.....It's great to know that Alpine is coming out with 100% compatible version so people wouldn't have to go through this wiring harness and extra crap..........
I would be very interested in adding one of these to my car, if these units actually come to market. Fingers crossed.......

......and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There coming but they usually come out in the spring.im sure there getting the bugs out/ etc... My friend saw it for sure.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried calling right now there not answering cause there closed. Maybe best buy might know something

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I was at my best buy three days ago and still nothing is fully compatible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
They have released the ford versions,Toyota versions with GM to follow. I have no news on Honda yet.probably summer like I was told earlier.Price is 1199-1399 depending on model. That's my latest info I heard last week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has this unit been put out yet?!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am also thinking of installing a navi system, since I got the 2013 Hybrid non-navi. However, I can't seem to find any dash kits that actually fit the 2013 dash. Metra's dash for 2012 and up isn't even the same shape as the 2013 dash. I'm thinking of going with a Kenwood DNX890HD or DNX690HD. Has anyone had any luck installing these - if so, what dash kit did you use?

I'm also hoping to set up two Kenwood CMOS 310 front/rear view cameras too, since the Kenwood cameras offer multi-angle. By not getting the Honda OEM navi, I sacrificed the lovely multi-angle rear camera views, so I'm hoping to supplant it with some Kenwood cameras. Anyone tried this before? Do you have to rip out the Honda cam, or do you just stick a camera near the current Honda rear cam? I heard the Kenwood cams integrate perfectly into the Kenwood in-dash GPS systems.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts