9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a 2012 Honda Civic SI 4 door clean inside and out, 140k miles. Only thing is engine shaking. Guy said all that needs replacement is front stabilizer links, and Front right engine motor mount hydraulic. Thoughts on this? Also can you guys recommend parts. New to the Honda game.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Looked at a 2012 Honda Civic SI 4 door clean inside and out, 140k miles. Only thing is engine shaking. Guy said all that needs replacement is front stabilizer links, and Front right engine motor mount hydraulic. Thoughts on this? Also can you guys recommend parts. New to the Honda game.
Tell "the guy" that after he replaces those parts and the engine stops shaking, you'll come back and buy the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: MeeSh

·
Registered
989 Posts
In a world full of Civic Si's, I would wait until you find a great pick. They're common cars, if there's not much in your area I recommend you try Carvana or a delivery service to find a good one. I personally wouldn't want to deal with someone's old car who was too lazy to fix it in order to sell it, imagine how they treated it throughout those 140k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buying from a dealer, car seems to be treated very well, from me driving it and looking at it. Just those two things not being good is making me reconsider.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Buying from a dealer, car seems to be treated very well, from me driving it and looking at it. Just those two things not being good is making me reconsider.
Don't rush into it. Those things would be red flags to me. Why is the dealer trying to sell a car with known issues?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't do it man. Take your time. Find the right one. It took me two months to find mine and I haven't regretted one moment. Mine was showroom quality and three years old. Found it local too!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Like others, I would also hold off. I looked for almost a year before finding what I wanted.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,525 Posts
A dealer won't fix it? Run, don't walk away.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good thing comes to those who wait!

I'd avoid that dealership if I were you. Especially considering the repairs it will need, and the ones you may not know about. If they haven't taken the time to make the car worthy of being sold, i'd move on.

Unless they're selling it on the VERY low, and you're mechanically inclined/have resources to fix it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agree with all replies on here... sounds like a shady dealer to sell you a car with known issues, and what else has those issues caused? Bad shaking would have me wondering about manifold flanges, exhaust/downpipe movement, etc. Cleanliness is one of the worst things to go by when looking at a used car as it's very easy to polish a turd. The Si can be a bit harder to come by than a base Civic, but there are still plenty out there - don't settle for one that has an obvious and known issue.
I've rushed in to buying used cars in the past and was bitten by each one.
Best of luck with the hunt!

·
Registered
50 Posts
If it's an easy fix dealer should do the repair first, esp if they have you (a potential buyer). If they don't wanna do it sounds sketchy keep your money and wait there should b plenty of options.... might even find one w lower mi? (Seen some ppl recently purchasing low mi '12/'13)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts