9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 Honda Civic Si 4DR and i hate the yellow light that all my lights give off, not sure if the brights do or not. But i like the housing on the headlights and just dont want to buy a new housing for it. The problem i am having is trying to decide what kind of bulbs to buy for these. But basically i want the brights, DRL's, and headlights to all shine that bright white color. Not blue or anything like that just that crips white look to them. Also if someone could tell me the best place to get these id appreciate it a lot.

Not near as important but do they make the bright white lights im talking about for the fog lights as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For your sake i hope you arent being sarcastic and your being overly nice. And clearly i did try to research it first but i never got a straight answer. I figured since i was on a forum with mostly helpful people and apparently a couple of assholes that someone would just help me out. But hey man thanks a lot for the google links man!
:thumbsdown:

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
For your sake i hope you arent being sarcastic and your being overly nice. And clearly i did try to research it first but i never got a straight answer. I figured since i was on a forum with mostly helpful people and apparently a couple of assholes that someone would just help me out. But hey man thanks a lot for the google links man!
You're looking for a whiter halogen. Something like a nokya or piaa bulb should suit your purposes.
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/ex...vs-piaa-intense-white-vs-hid-comparisons.html

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thank you all for the help. Two additional questions now.... First off, is there a certain size bulb i need for my car? I have stock headlight housing. And seondly can you put these whiter lights in the fogs, DRL, and brights?

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Here is Sylvanias guide for the 2012 Civic Sedan...there's one on the forum somewhere as well but I had easier access to this one. I actually had a print out I keep with me and new the website. :)

https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/appl...ulbs.aspx?year=2012&qual=12&model=518&make=37

And yes, you can use the whiter lights for all applications including DRLs/ highs, lows, fogs, trunk, interior, etc etc. Just make sure to access the right part # for each lol.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,814 Posts
All it takes is a few seconds to search the forum, he wasn't trying to be an a-hole, it's just there SO MUCH info on these threads that it is unnecessary to ask a question that has been answered MANY, many times...it's cause people just don't want to read, they want it now, we know you might not be a "straight answer", but you certainly WILL find the info you need if you just looked and read through the forum. Plus, you'll get SO MUCH more helpful info if you browse, you'll be surprised.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
All it takes is a few seconds to search the forum, he wasn't trying to be an a-hole, it's just there SO MUCH info on these threads that it is unnecessary to ask a question that has been answered MANY, many times...it's cause people just don't want to read, they want it now, we know you might not be a "straight answer", but you certainly WILL find the info you need if you just looked and read through the forum. Plus, you'll get SO MUCH more helpful info if you browse, you'll be surprised.
100% agree, I sound like an ass if I say it though because I'm a Mod. There isn't anything in this thread that can't already be found on here.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Personally I would suggest either nokya or Sylvania, I had the Sylvania zXe bulbs for well over 7-8 months in my low beams and they were awesome, a little blue but not anything to talk about, definitely super bright. But there about 60$ a pair, I would check them out if you get a chance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have had silverstar ultras for about 10 months now and love them.the light is incredible and has a better sight path.the high beams are rediculas,the driving lights are wider too,in another comment,I've never been brighter once,so they don't annoy others obviously.I got them on eBay almost 50 percent off,I even bought a back up set because I couldn't live with out them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
^ I have heard that about those,I'm not a big fan of the bluish tint because I have trouble seeing at night( but I think it looks cool). I just know the ultras are 100 percent improvement over stock for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm lovin' my 70W 6K HID 9006/9005 kits because it lets me see every bug on the road at warp speed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts