9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has probably been talked about before but I haven't found a solution or answer yet that has worked or at least for me. I swapped out my stock seats for some aftermarket ones on my 2015 civic si and of course my air bag light came on. I even have the 2.0 ohms bride air bag resistors hooked up to the air bag plug on both driver and passenger side and still the light is on. After searching through forums I saw many people mention that the resistor might actually be a 2.2 not a 2.0 so I ordered some of those and will try those as soon as they arrive. I also saw that 14 and up si's have SPS (seat position sensor) and if that is unplugged it will also cause the air bag light to go off if disconnected. I read a forum that said to pull that out of the stock seat and plug it in so it's off and I have on both sides and the airbag light is still on. Any suggestions or comments that could help? I just don't want all my air bags to be disabled all because of some aftermarket seats. If I can't find a solution I will most likely put the stock seats back in.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think the 2 ohm range is too little. try atleast a 3 ohm 1 watt resistor. I saw somewhere some1 had to use that one for it to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts