9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve did searches on this forums, google and some 8th gen forums and I couldn’t really determine what my car’s noise is all about. I’ll provide some info below.

Car: 2013 Civic Si
Mileage : 12000km (around 7500miles)
Occur: only when AC is turned on.
The issue: there’s this chirping or whining sound lasts about 2-3 seconds that happens every 20 seconds. It happens in both acceleration and deceleration and will not make noise while idling.
Location: the noise sounds like it’s coming from driver side engine but I’m not 100% it could be just right in the middle of the engine

So my guess is either one of these parts is having issue - clutch, drive belts, AC compressor, AC compressor clutch or maybe it’s something else I never think of.

I know I should get a tech to do the diagnose but I wanna see if anyone here had the same issue before and had the exact remedy for it. Please share with me if you had a similar experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the noise coincide with the A/C compressor cycling on?
If so, you are on the right path in suspecting the accessory (serpentine) belt or the compressor clutch.
That’s what I like to believe what’s going on since the noise only occurs when AC is on. The drive belt was never replaced before so I hope that’s the issue since that’s the easiest and cheapest fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts