9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuse #19/20A Premium Amp keeps blowing out. Any ideas as to why? Also my radio turns on but won't play anything through speakers. Could this fuse be the reason? Thank You.

·
Registered
494 Posts
When does the fuse open ??

Own a DMM ?

I would disconnect the amps connector and see if the fuse still opens.

Coupe and sedan have amps in different locations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. It blew as soon as it made contact. Had the car off.

2. UNsure what that is. I have 2012 HOnda civic coupe ex.

3. Where can i find the amp? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
1. It blew as soon as it made contact. Had the car off.

2. UNsure what that is. I have 2012 HOnda civic coupe ex.

3. Where can i find the amp? Thanks.
Fuse A19 in the under hood fuse box is a 20 amp fuse that connects directly, via a white wire, to the stereo amp.
In red below is where the amp is located.
Have there been any recent repairs, or mods, done in that area?

Gun Product Water gun Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope no repairs or mods. Latest thing to happen was battery went flat. Not sure if that would have an impact on the amp. But i'll go have a look.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Nope no repairs or mods. Latest thing to happen was battery went flat. Not sure if that would have an impact on the amp. But i'll go have a look.
Locate the amp and disconnect the connector.
Then try another fuse... if the fuse blows then the wire is shorted somewhere.
If not, then the amp may have failed internally.
I emailed a friend and asked if he's heard of this fuse blowing before. Have not heard back from him yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, thanks. Last question Do you think this would be an easy repair for non-mechanical person following guides or something or would it be easier and maybe cheap to take it to a shop?

·
Registered
494 Posts
An electronics tech may luck out and repair the amp....(finding schematic would be a challenge) If any burnt components on PCB there would be no way to identify, but other then that it would just be replacement of complete amplifier assembly, which should be straightforward.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Okay i disconnected it, put in a fuse no blow out, reconnected it and it blew out.
I've not heard of an amp causing that fuse to blow; this may be a first.
Too bad the car has so many miles... have you always had the car serviced at a dealer? If so, you might get Honda customer relations to pay for the repair, or some part of it.
My friend @ Honda said there were no incidences of that fuse blowing.
But there were several complaint where there was no sound, caused by faulty stereo amp.

Here's the P/N for the amp: 39186-TS8-A01

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Im going to attempt to remove amp tomorrow. Do you happen to have a guide/picture or anythign showing what all is connected to the amp. I can take pictures but if you have something official or helpful I would appreciated.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi, Im going to attempt to remove amp tomorrow. Do you happen to have a guide/picture or anythign showing what all is connected to the amp. I can take pictures but if you have something official or helpful I would appreciated.
Go to Honda Service Express; spend $10 for one day access.
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_000.asp

Sucks not being able to buy a service manual; if you agree call Honda, give them an ear full.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts