9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 9th gen family i was wondering can i put my engine from 2015 honda civic si (9th gen) in to a 2018-2020 type r can this work??

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey 9th gen family i was wondering can i put my engine from 2015 honda civic si (9th gen) in to a 2018-2020 type r can this work??
with the right about of money and time, yes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How do i do it where to start ..am gonna order a type r to put my k24 in it
What are you talking about?

There aren't any actual owners of Si's or Type R's here. We've all been waiting here for you to post the guide to this swap before we buy anything.

How much longer are you going to take?

Reactions: TenZen

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
940 Posts
Why would you want to put K24 in Type R? That seems ass backwards. Like 15WhiteSi said, you put anything into anything with money.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thats entirely up to you if you want to invest in this type of project. Only you can determine what you want to do. The only way to really be a builder and do a build like this that no one has done before its going to be trial error.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted the Automotive Repair Bureau to explore that option for another vehicle years ago. I was told that in California, you won't pass emissions with a donor engine any older than the model year of the recipient. This may not be a problem if you're planning a build for a track car, but look into it if you're contemplating a daily driver project. Just putting it out there. The guy I spoke with at the CARB may not have provided accurate information, but he seemed certain enough. Soon as I got the red light on it, I abandoned the project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts