9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help finding parts for my FG4.(2015 civic si 2door).
For some reason I can’t find anything online, or at least anything that fits.
A month ago I installed a skunk2 exhaust, and I had to make special cuts on the heat shield and on a specific bolt, just to make it fit. (But it’s made for my car?).
A week ago a bought a Tru hart subframe brace, but the mechanic-tech can’t install because it’s missing “spacers”. I looked up my order, and it doesn’t come with said hardware.
when I try to look for another parts, my car year never pops up, nor can I find videos on it. It’s as if I have a mystery car. Maybe someone can help with tips on a specific sight or tuner company.

·
Registered
729 Posts
there's a few sites; procivic, saikospeed, axion, etc. all have tons of products for our cars.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Part of your problem is that I'm not sure that Truhart makes that brace for the 8th/9th gen rear subframe. As for the Skunk2 part... I've never been a fan of the brand so it wouldn't surprise me if they made it wrong.

Kseriesparts, heeltoeautomotive, JHPUSA, PRL motorsports... All other website options.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
893 Posts
Part of your problem is that I'm not sure that Truhart makes that brace for the 8th/9th gen rear subframe. As for the Skunk2 part... I've never been a fan of the brand so it wouldn't surprise me if they made it wrong.

Kseriesparts, heeltoeautomotive, JHPUSA, PRL motorsports... All other website options.
From what I googled, they did at one point, fits both the 8th and 9th gen. It's like the FKX one, but the Truhart one has different bolts instead of using the existing bolts. I would either drill out the bracket to use the stock bolts or ditch the Truhart brace and get the Sirimoto brace, uses existing bolts and can reinstall the plastic cover after trimming some plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need some help finding parts for my FG4.(2015 civic si 2door).
For some reason I can’t find anything online, or at least anything that fits.
A month ago I installed a skunk2 exhaust, and I had to make special cuts on the heat shield and on a specific bolt, just to make it fit. (But it’s made for my car?).
A week ago a bought a Tru hart subframe brace, but the mechanic-tech can’t install because it’s missing “spacers”. I looked up my order, and it doesn’t come with said hardware.
when I try to look for another parts, my car year never pops up, nor can I find videos on it. It’s as if I have a mystery car. Maybe someone can help with tips on a specific sight or tuner company.
Did you image search with Google it help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I googled, they did at one point, fits both the 8th and 9th gen. It's like the FKX one, but the Truhart one has different bolts instead of using the existing bolts. I would either drill out the bracket to use the stock bolts or ditch the Truhart brace and get the Sirimoto brace, uses existing bolts and can reinstall the plastic cover after trimming some plastic.
there's a few sites; procivic, saikospeed, axion, etc. all have tons of products for our cars.
nice, thank you. I don’t know why it’s been so hard for me. It’s honestly the most modern Honda I’ve ever own. So another thing I was wondering about is, do you have to tune the car when adding a header downpipe? Just got a PLM header down pipe. For 9th Gen, K24 engine.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
893 Posts
nice, thank you. I don’t know why it’s been so hard for me. It’s honestly the most modern Honda I’ve ever own. So another thing I was wondering about is, do you have to tune the car when adding a header downpipe? Just got a PLM header down pipe. For 9th Gen, K24 engine.
YES. Don't even install it unless you have base tune done for it before hand.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
464 Posts
i also have the plm downpipe, it has held up remarkable in my opinion. you will notice the car breathes easier right off the hop. however you will def need to tune that bad boy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts